Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

tape?

Old 04-04-2008, 02:06 AM
ProfitOfDoom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tape?

Im not to much into boats,but I just won a auction on ebay and my supervee will be here in a few days. On this boat the lock thing is missing on the hatch,which I was just going to order,,but people tell me that the hatch tends to leak if flipped over on the supervee 27,so instead of getting on a new lock pin,,just use tape cause your going to have to tape it anyways.
My question is,do I just use clear packing tape,or is there particular tape I need?
Old 04-04-2008, 07:01 PM
egneg

Default RE: tape?

Yes there is a dedicated tape for this purpose called hatch tape and is avaible at your LHS.
Old 04-04-2008, 08:36 PM
Captain Nemo12

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is single usage I suppose?
Old 04-04-2008, 08:52 PM
ProfitOfDoom

I just got back from my LHS and they had some kind of tape made by aquacraft,but it was $13.00 [X(]
I didn't see what was so different about it,that I couldnt get away with from some cheaper tape. My wife brought me home some medical tape,it seemed to bond well and came off easy without leaving glue on the boat.
What's the purpose of the hatch tape,is it to keep the hatch from flying off,or to seal it up if it turns over?
Old 04-04-2008, 10:10 PM
Russ Williamson

Taping on a hatch is always a good idea, even though not totally necessary with the SV27. Just keeps water out if you flip it over. Everything on the inside of the hull is water proof. The tape by AquaCraft is 72 yards long, will last a very long time. I'm on my second racing season using the same roll
Most all racers use this tape because it will not leave residue, is water proof, does not allow water to seep under the tape, etc., etc.

Another popular type of tape is hocky tape, that also works well.

Thanks,
Russ

ORIGINAL: ProfitOfDoom

I just got back from my LHS and they had some kind of tape made by aquacraft,but it was $13.00 [X(]
I didn't see what was so different about it,that I couldnt get away with from some cheaper tape. My wife brought me home some medical tape,it seemed to bond well and came off easy without leaving glue on the boat.
What's the purpose of the hatch tape,is it to keep the hatch from flying off,or to seal it up if it turns over?