Community
Search
Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

New Boat

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2008, 08:44 AM
ksechler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Boat

Hi all:
I am thinking about getting a boat. I am no stranger to R/C. I have been flying planes for 20 years and recently got into helicopters. I am not looking at something to race, but I want a step above your typical Wal-mart style bath tub toy. I have looked at several RTR's including the Blackjack 26. My question is, what is the standard for a solid upgradeable machine. Lets set the budget at $500.

Thanks
Old 04-07-2008, 02:27 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Default RE: New Boat

The Aquacraft Miss Vegas would be the one to go with. You can get on the water with everything that you need and some spares parts for under $500.00 . Many clubs are starting RTR boat classes and this one I think would make you happy. It's also upgradable down the road and can be made legal for the Sport 20 class.
The Aquacraft Top Speed 2 combo is nice if they still have them around if you'd like a competitive outboard tunnel boat.
Old 04-07-2008, 09:28 PM
Russ Williamson

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New Boat

Are you wanting to go FE (Fast Electric), Nitro or Gas?

Always good to see new boaters enter the racing scene. I started racing 4 years ago after doing all other forms of R/C all my life and the people at boat races are the best!

Have fun!
Russ

ORIGINAL: ksechler

Hi all:
I am thinking about getting a boat. I am no stranger to R/C. I have been flying planes for 20 years and recently got into helicopters. I am not looking at something to race, but I want a step above your typical Wal-mart style bath tub toy. I have looked at several RTR's including the Blackjack 26. My question is, what is the standard for a solid upgradeable machine. Lets set the budget at $500.

Thanks