Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Boats General Discussion
Reload this Page >

Prop size for engine/hull?

Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

Prop size for engine/hull?

Old 05-18-2003, 09:02 AM
fryfrog
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Prop size for engine/hull?

I was hoping someone might be able to help me determine a few good prop sizes to give a shot on a hull.

It is a 56" Deep V Apache, probably weights 15-20lbs (not sure exactly, will find out later today). It is a surface drive with a (from what i understand) modded Zenoah 23cc engine. It currently turns a Prather 275 (2.95" diameter, 4.300" pitch). I assume a step up or 2 and maybe a step or 2 down in pitch/diameter would be the best starting place, any suggestions besides that? how much of a step?

Running conditions would be fairly smooth water, but also driven behind a real boat for the purpose of something entertaining to do. Top end is fairly important, but I don't want to sacrafice a half decent hole shot.
Old 05-18-2003, 01:47 PM
Doubledog
My Feedback: (48)

So you finally getting it wet?

Only thing I can say is try as many props as you can. Thats what I'm still doing before & after I get my pipe added.

Have fun,
Jamie
Old 05-18-2003, 10:31 PM
RcBoatLover
My Feedback: (1)

Hey PHCM!

I bought a gas boat and switched to the other side! It's a 46" Twincraft mono with a pro mod zenoah engine. I get it in a few days. I got sick of messing with nitro, I don't have the time.

Fry Frog, I'm going to try a ABC H - 31 for starters and have a MW - 3 on the way. Good luck!
Old 05-21-2003, 12:25 AM
stanosmax

Octura X472 ,X670, are good props for 23cc You guys are pushing big boats with relatively tame motors.It will be tough to swing a full 280. The P275 is probably your best bet,the Octura's will get you a little more RPM
Twincraft with a pro mod is a good setup,,,you might wanna try that P767/3 from Octura......good luck guys....STAN