Community
Search
Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

Motor problem

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2008, 07:16 PM
traynumber1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Motor problem

I have a g26 that starts and runs on the bank but when you put it in the water it takes off good but does not want to run well and then it dies. I have set the needle settings and it does no good it just takes off and then does not want to turn on and then dies. I have never not been able to fix a problem on any og my gas motors.It acts like a manafold leak but its not. Help

Old 09-03-2008, 09:26 AM
TCHedOff

Default RE: Motor problem

Hate to see someone not get a fast reply; there are quite a # of possible causes. But the most likely cuplrit it is running too lean and needs to be richened up. Things like a airleak in the gas lines, carb seal, head gasket can also cause an engine to be too lean. Another possibility is too big of a prop. Others more experienced than me will chime in if you tell us which boat/hull, engine, prop you are running.

todd
Old 09-03-2008, 12:24 PM
schnipster

Default RE: Motor problem

i will tell you that i had the same problem, it was the carb, i changed it and it runs like a dream!!!