Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Boats General Discussion
Reload this Page >

help in getting started

Community
Search
Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

help in getting started

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2003, 01:08 PM
typhoon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help in getting started

I am an RC aeroplane enthusiast of long standing. have been toying with the idea of getting into RC Yachts... I like building and want to investigate building and sailing wooden yachts on RC. Where can I start to get info? Clearly I need to get in at a very basic level. getting plans, building tips etc. Can somebody put me on the path?

thanks

andre
Old 06-03-2003, 02:13 PM
turilla

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yachts

If you have a local RC boating/yachting club that would be the place to start as they can give you the best advice.

I'm not an expert on yachts but I would not dive into building a wooden yacht straight away. Try it out first, buy an inexpensive plastic boat like a Thunder Tiger Victoria or a Kyosho Sea Dolphin to get the feel of how the boats work and then move on from there. I have always been into powerboats and have tried yachting, found it really wasn't what I liked so I just sold my Kyosho yacht and moved on with no huge loss of money or time invested.