Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Boats General Discussion
Reload this Page >

E-Bay seller to avoid.

Community
Search
Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

E-Bay seller to avoid.

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2009, 08:42 PM
boatman555

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default E-Bay seller to avoid.

Guys, just a heads up....
My self and many others in the RC boating community have been having major troubles with this E-Bay seller. He is very slow to pay and ship items and will give out Negative feed back for any little reason. Foul mouthed and threatening E-Mails will follow. He just got kicked off Jim's R/C Boat Dock as well as Intlwaters and is a member of the RCU so watch out. These problems have been going on for years and the E-bay accounts keep getting shut down, but he opens new ones with different names.

His real name is Mark Williamson and sells on E-Bay under vpatton46. TChobbys was his user name on Jim's and may be the same here.

He use to go under the name of headrcboat as well as rickanddeana and Russ Williams.

Do your self a favor and block this user from bidding on your auctions and remember the names for avoid for future sales.

Thanks and good luck!

Dale P.
Old 02-02-2009, 09:05 PM
nothinbetr2do

Default RE: E-Bay seller to avoid.

thanks for the heads up
Old 02-02-2009, 09:38 PM
dasboata

Stay away that is for sure ! He bought a falcon cat i had on e bay then says he don't want the boat like 2 minuits after he won the boat. I sent him a non paying bidders notice and after that he Negs me just check out his feedback he goes by Vpatton46 on e bay see the feedback he has left for other Guy stay clear of this guy he is not right in the head,, after he negs me he buys 6 more of my auctions at BIN prices I have reported him to ebay as well as his old user name on there which was headrcboat remember that guy well same person
Old 02-02-2009, 11:37 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

He goes by "theboatman" in here and did some business in the RCU Marketplace but haven't really seen him in the forums. When I saw that he joined up and I was a boat Mod in here I had John (JWN, the Marketplace Mod) keep an eye on him but he never caused any hassles on this site that I know of.
I see that some of the info that you brought over from Jim's was stuff that I posted last night there.
Old 03-05-2009, 09:31 AM
yearnin to Fly
My Feedback: (52)

How do you block someone on here from buying from you? Or posting rude coments on your adds? THANKS
Old 03-05-2009, 09:35 AM
Ron Olson

Refuse to sell to them and if they're rude, report them to the Marketplace Moderator.
Old 03-05-2009, 12:13 PM
Dale P

If your running an ad here there is a link on the bottom to block buyers. On E-bay you can do a search and the info will pop up. It's easy to do, the problem is you don't know who to block till it's too late.

Mark sent me some rude messages yesterday and I reported it to the moderator. Hopefully he will keep it up and get kicked out of here just like all of the other chat sites.

Dale P.
Old 03-05-2009, 12:41 PM
Ron Olson

Hassle anywhere on this site isn't tolerated and can subject that person to being banned. It doesn't matter if it's in the Marketplace, in the forums or with PM's.
Old 03-05-2009, 02:49 PM
Racer21

This guy sounds like a real loser []

Anyway...as long as you are using paypal, as most are on ebay or anywhere else..you should be safe. If you pay him for something, and he doesn't send it in a reasonable amount of time, you can dispute the transaction and do a chargeback.

Hopefully you have better luck with your interactions on ebay...most people are honest! Maybe I've just been lucky, but I've never had a problem there.

Good luck!
Old 03-30-2009, 01:01 AM
EngageRC

give us a try.
http://www.engagerc.com/servlet/the-...ee-Mono/Detail
Old 03-30-2009, 01:24 AM
Silent-AV8R

ORIGINAL: EngageRC

give us a try.
http://www.engagerc.com/servlet/the-...ee-Mono/Detail

Well, your post is totally off topic to say the least. You guys are in Irvine, CA. Has this boat been run locally at all?? Got any video??

Old 03-30-2009, 02:45 PM
sevoblast

Received 54 Likes on 40 Posts

I doubt very much he is in Irvine. He just posted an advert in the RC Tank section where I hang out, for a large scale tank, Very poor advert, no description of the tank or technical info. It was listed as "Sherman Racing Tank". Ooookkkkk.
Old 03-30-2009, 03:40 PM
Ron Olson

Engage, you might want to go and read the RCU rules as you can't advertise in the forums. I see my posting and a few others MIA tonight.

If you want members to notice your site trying buying some advertising space, that's what other manufacturers and dealers do to help keep the doors open here.
Old 03-30-2009, 04:44 PM
EngageRC

the boat will be on magazine for review.
rcdrivers