Community
Search
Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

hello

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2009, 09:43 PM
launchpad51

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hello

Hello Guys;
I have a aquacradt rio51 with a modified G2D zenoah motor.The original was to slow.This motors mods were done by marine specialties,out of houston texas.Lots of power.
I would like to install a dual rudder on it.What I need to know is;how far out should the prop extend past the dual rudders,or does it sit behind the rudders.Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Guys
Al
Old 02-17-2009, 09:49 PM
Dreamin Hemi

Default RE: hello

Why do you think you need duals? I only did it for the cool factor personally. The dual rudder assemblies I've done have had the prop slightly behind the rudders, but not completely behind. Hope that helps???
Old 02-17-2009, 10:33 PM
launchpad51

Hello;
I have heard some guys say that with a larger boat duals would help it turn alot easier.Plus,like you,I like the looks.I have a dual set up from marine specialties.That was one of my dumb moments and ordered the wrong one.So I have now learned to READ..before you jump.
Not sure if I will do it,but thankyou for the input.
Thanks again
i'm including some pics of my fleet The one on the left,miss vegas is on the bench being converted to brushless.This is my first conversion. Al
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mj24655.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	82.1 KB
ID:	1138589  
Old 02-17-2009, 11:49 PM
Justaddwata
My Feedback: (3)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Realistically the use of dual rudders will not improve the boats ability to turn much beyond that of a single rudder. It is more an asthetic modification and less about performance. I am not sure I have ever seen an RC race boat with dual rudders - certainly not a competitive one.