Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Boats General Discussion
 Ist Time Boat Builder >

Ist Time Boat Builder

Community
Search
Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

Ist Time Boat Builder

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2009, 05:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ist Time Boat Builder

hi all, this is my first post so please be nice if i make silly mistakes, i've spent the last year on and off building a remote control baitboat to aid my fishing. it's time hull with the bait dropper between the hull's. it has two moters for drive and i am going to use them independantly for steering. I'm running it on six volts as this boat not being built for speed. dimensions 2ft long 1ft wide and 6 inches high. it was float tested and with most kit on board it stayed afloat with three cans of soup, roughly 1 kilo.
my question is about electronic speed controllers, what ones??????
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr49805.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	51.7 KB
ID:	1140597   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fb87659.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	54.9 KB
ID:	1140598   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fk15664.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	43.7 KB
ID:	1140599   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ng99866.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	53.6 KB
ID:	1140600  
Old 02-20-2009, 06:13 PM

Default RE: Ist Time Boat Builder

It depends alot on the motor amp draw, I like PROBOATS $40 ESC, its waterproof, is rated to take up to 40 amps continus, 6-12 volts, has a battery elimation circut, so you dont need a seperate battery for the reciever, has reverse, if you run two motors seperate you will need 2. Randy.
Old 02-20-2009, 06:21 PM

Cheers, is 40 amp the lowest i want to go? it won't be travelling more than 50 yds forward then the return trip, i would have put moter spec on but i sprayed them when i done the boat, stupid i know.

Any faults or idea's greatfully recieved

daz
Old 02-21-2009, 08:30 AM

Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts

Important thing is what kind of motors and what kind of drive? In the UK have a look at Mtroniks, Electronise and Action-electronics. This last does a box with two ESCs and a mixer to simplify set up and operation, and is known to be generous with information and advice. A higher current rating is unlikely to do any harm other than to your wallet when buying as what will handle a lot will handle a little with modern (anything after 1980) controllers.
Old 02-21-2009, 01:47 PM

I ended up taking my boat down the local shop, got two 15amp esc, as i got the motors from the same shop they were able to identify them, got it all connected and took it down the local pond and man it was awesome seeing it run, lasted 10 mins before it stopped but good great fun.