Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Boats General Discussion
Reload this Page >

newbie needs help

Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

newbie needs help

Old 04-04-2009, 01:04 PM
blizzzarddemon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default newbie needs help

im new to rc boats and im getting a nitro hammer from my neighbor who has no time since his wife now has cancer. so it has maybe 6 tanks in it total. im wondering what boat i can use as a retrival boat and how to retrive it should it run out of gas in the lake. i dont have a lot of money to do this and am wondering what to do i have loked at toys rus boats but they seem flimsy to retreave a boat and not sure how exactly to do it any help woudl be nice also wondering what ppl suggest to do to the nitro hammer im told a diffrent prop helps in speed increase.
Old 04-04-2009, 01:28 PM
sims5hd
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: newbie needs help

maybe try 2 get a 1 or2 person inflatable raft w/12 volt inflater,couple cheap oars [wal-mart]. this would be portable & fairly cheap,to bad about your neighbors wife! hope this helps, just a suggestion.yes metal prop sharp & balanced,lipo's,few minor rudder & plate adjustments.
Old 04-16-2009, 10:49 PM
blizzzarddemon

does any one else knwo a way to retrive a boat mostly nitro that either ran out of fuel?

also i just got the nitro hammer running and it sounds like the motor just ideling is going to take off from me as soon as i put it in the water any one know how to test if the boat will just idel and not move with out losing it in a lake ?? im new to rc boats but not rc cars i have had all kinds of nitro motors and this one screams at idle and the carb is barely open idk if this is just the motor or not please help me i dont want to runin my boat
Old 04-16-2009, 11:46 PM
misshydro

Some uses a fishing poles One old boat racer to me to get a electric boat,attach a fishing string on it.then keep the other end of the string on shore. run you electric boat around your dead boat and stop you boat and pull the string on the shore side in.. By doing this way it wont put a strain on your electric boat motor...
Old 04-17-2009, 01:11 AM
toesupwa

ORIGINAL: blizzzarddemon

does any one else knwo a way to retrive a boat mostly nitro that either ran out of fuel?

Yup... a Springer
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=522762

Old 04-17-2009, 01:47 AM
blizzzarddemon

thanks guys i actualy like your idea miss hydro i can even use a cheap 30 dollar walmart boat and i guess you make one loop around the boat it seems liek a sounds easy but hard to do procedure to hook the boat up but seems liek a cheap walmrt one will work since its only pulling fishing line and i coudl make it reel in with an old fishing reel
Old 04-17-2009, 02:00 PM
Racer21

That is a fantastic idea...much easier than going out on the water yourself, and less 'stuff' to have to lug around. Thanks for the tip!