Community
Search
Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

Stolen Stuff

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2009, 07:07 PM
pokaplaya22
My Feedback: (22)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stolen Stuff

Hey all, just a heads up, Carlo at CC racing , he was hit pretty hard today, and just asking everyone to keep their eyes open for any suspicious activity, thanks

Guys,
When I went to get some stuff out of my trailer this afternoon we were shocked to see that everything had been stolen out of my trailer. I was in it yesterday afternoon and everything was in there. They cleaned out everything I had.

Here is a list of boats that were stolen:

Rampage Mono Red and Black with CC Racing flame graphics

Red and White Y6 that was featured on Model Gas Boats

Yellow Top Black Bottom Conquest with US Army theme

Ivan boatworks Wooden Super Sport Mono

Blue and Black Whiplash with CC Racing On it.

I will try to add pictures as I find them of my boats

Also missing is 6 of the aluminum prop boxes with 45 props each in them, also all of my tools, radar gun, 2 M11 radios with Extreme power systems modules. This basically takes me out of boat racing as there is no way to replace all of the stuff that is missing. If you see anything on any of the boards or ebay for sale please let me know.

Don't believe what you hear
Believe what you see.

Carlo Catalanotto
www.cc-racingengines.com
[email protected]
1-504-305-5005
Old 10-13-2009, 07:23 PM
stackeddeck

Default RE: Stolen Stuff

Really sorry to hear that. I will keep my eyes open.
Old 10-13-2009, 07:27 PM
nothinbetr2do

that sucks. good luck getting the stuff back. can you post some pics, so we now what to look out for
Old 10-13-2009, 07:34 PM
pokaplaya22

As soon as he posts some pics up on JRCBD, I will follow, thanks guys.
Old 10-13-2009, 07:39 PM
pokaplaya22

heres a few
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq45651.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	70.0 KB
ID:	1294576   Click image for larger version

Name:	Je10593.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	58.9 KB
ID:	1294577   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pv53442.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	44.3 KB
ID:	1294578  
Old 10-13-2009, 07:54 PM
pokaplaya22

It seems, they found the guy and got most of the stuff back, and in the process of finding the rest. Now the fun begins [sm=punching.gif]
Old 10-13-2009, 08:12 PM
wave waker

i'l keep an eye for ur stuff man...sorry to what happened to u..did u report to the police?
Old 10-13-2009, 08:57 PM
nothinbetr2do

ORIGINAL: pokaplaya22

It seems, they found the guy and got most of the stuff back, and in the process of finding the rest. Now the fun begins [sm=punching.gif]
congrats, glad to hear the guy was found and you got most of it back. now it's time to put him in jail and recoup the rest of your stuff
Old 10-13-2009, 10:08 PM
danielplace

Update:

Seems the first version was some speculation.

It was some guy that came in the shop last week asking questions on the prices of everything. We suspected that it was him. We asked the guy at the tinting store right in front of the shop if he knew the guy.. He showed us where the guy lived and we found the stuff with the police there. Unfortunately we did not get to play Judge, Jury, and Executioner!!!

Carlo just posted this.

Guys,
I have not got my stuff back yet but we know who stole it and his first name and cell phone number. All i got back so far was 1 of my radios and a couple of gas tanks. I called the scumbag on the phone and told him all I want is my stuff back and I will drop it and he hung up on me and turned his phone off. He has to go back to the house where my stuff was as his dog is there along with all of his clothes. I probably will not be much help at the shop tomorrow as I am going to park down the street and stay there all night waiting for him to come get his stuff. I am hoping he did not dump my stuff in a dumpster by now. I am sick to my stomach right now as he took everything I owned for boats and over 240 props. I just can't replace that stuff.

Hopefully I will update you guys tomorrow with some good news. I hope I can contain myself if I see him long enough to call the police. My Italian temper can get the best of me at times.

I can not thank all of you enough for the kind words and the caring that goes on in this boating community. You guys are truly like a second family. I am going to buy a case of Red Bull and sit and wait now so I will hopefully chime in tomorrow with good news. I am going to park by the house and wait now.

CC
Old 10-14-2009, 03:18 AM
gtopillado

Let me know who he is and the last thing he will hear is "Bruno sent me"
Old 10-14-2009, 06:11 AM
Justaddwata
My Feedback: (3)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Carlo has done as much for this hobby as anyone and certainly deserves better than this.

I believe the theft occured in New Orleans.

I pinned this post to the top
Old 10-14-2009, 06:52 PM
rcguy1411

should cut off his hands with aprop at 18 000 rpm it was a racing accident honest !!!! check the local pawn shops i found a stolen plane in one a few years ago
Old 10-14-2009, 08:35 PM
nothinbetr2do

o, darn. sorry to here it's not over with yet. be careful in what your doing. make sure you keep the police involved, so you don't get into any trouble. people sue for some messed up reasons these days. good luck with it still, if you get a chance then take it [8D]
Old 10-14-2009, 11:52 PM
danielplace

[Quote]Carlo at CC Racing

Guys,
Sorry guys for taking so long to reply I have literally not stopped running around since yesterday evening chasing leads. I really do not know where to start. First off let me say that I have everything back and I have not had sleep for two days. When the stuff was stolen I already had a good idea of who it was and I was right. This is a very good area where the shop is located and you know when someone does not fit around here.

It took me and a large group of my larger friends two days of solid running around to find the Scumbags but we did and I have everything back, but my radar gun and I can promise you that stealing from this shop will never cross there minds again. I am told that my Radar gun should be back tomorrow.

I have not had any sleep in two days so I am going home to take a shower and get some sleep. Thanks to all of you guys here on the Dock for all of your support, you guys are truly the best.
Old 10-15-2009, 06:48 AM
cheap tank

i am in to rc tanks so i say duct tape and many many 6mm bbs.
Old 10-15-2009, 08:57 AM
bigcam406

sorry to hear about the theft of your goods.im glad you have them back.its pretty pathetic when you and your freinds do a quicker and more thorough job in investigating than the police.kudos to you and your freinds for a fine job well done.just wondering if the suspect has charges pending.up here,the police would give you an incident number over the phone and tell you to call your insurance agent.
Old 10-15-2009, 09:36 AM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

There is a happy ending. Carlo and friends recovered just about everything except a radar gun which he should be getting back today.
Old 10-15-2009, 11:40 AM
Kmot
My Feedback: (24)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Street justice wins over the bureaucrats. [sm=thumbup.gif]

Anyone get a new pair of cement overshoes?
Old 10-15-2009, 11:52 AM
Ron Olson

They might have to purchase 2 pairs of overshoes Tom. Seems like the perp who cased the joint had a helper. Apparently what went down is that the thief came into Carlo's and was nosing around asking a lot of questions about the boats like how much for them, etc. They cut through a chain-link fence, cut off the trailer lock then fed the stuff through the fence to another person.
The "Hangin's too good for them" and other mob mentality is a lot of talk on the other forums is a lot of hot air and wishful thinking. John Law is aware of what's going on and can feed them to Bubba in County lock-up.
Old 10-15-2009, 12:41 PM
FlogginHarvey

ORIGINAL: Ron Olson

They might have to purchase 2 pairs of overshoes Tom. Seems like the perp who cased the joint had a helper. Apparently what went down is that the thief came into Carlo's and was nosing around asking a lot of questions about the boats like how much for them, etc. They cut through a chain-link fence, cut off the trailer lock then fed the stuff through the fence to another person.
The ''Hangin's too good for them'' and other mob mentality is a lot of talk on the other forums is a lot of hot air and wishful thinking. John Law is aware of what's going on and can feed them to Bubba in County lock-up.

That is great news that Carlo found the guys who did AND received his gear back. Both are amazing. I hope those "Have-Nots" have fuyn with Bubba. They got it coming.
Old 10-15-2009, 01:36 PM
GT100

Glad to hear the guys at CC got all or their stuff back. Sucks when some scumbag takes all your stuff and really doesnt even know what to with them.
Old 10-15-2009, 04:17 PM
Ron Olson

I'll bet that Carlo is elated to have his stuff back, he's one of the hosts at the Gas Nat's in about a month and he's already got enough going on.
Old 10-16-2009, 02:18 AM
ibyte69

Good to hear he got is stuff back. Was thir damage to anything?? [sm=punching.gif] I was at Mission Bay park here in San Diego at the boat pond and i was charging my batts on the car long story short some tweaker stole my Thunder Power 610c charger(brand new) and my reedy 5000 lipo a 250.00 set up gone. Horrible day. Again happy he recovered his stuff what a horrible begining to this story that was quite a loss if he didnt get his stuff back. People (thives) are the worst of them all.
Old 10-16-2009, 12:32 PM
warrgy69
My Feedback: (63)

Well, glad to hear it. My stuff got stolen to over a year ago 5/11/08 from a fellow on here. LV2RC71 (Robert Bobby Millington) from Jacksonville, NC. I sent him a 47" V with enforcer hybrid RTR, K&B 13cc outboard, and a Zenaoh Need for Speed full mod, mounts, etc.. Was supposed to get a 76"" Scarab, and Hawk gas heli. Claims his wife shipped from the army base but couldn't prove it.
Old 10-16-2009, 12:44 PM
Raylon

ORIGINAL: warrgy69

Well, glad to hear it. My stuff got stolen to a almost a year ago from a fellow on here. LV2RC71 (Robert Bobby Millington) from Jacksonville, NC. I sent him a 47'' V with enforcer hybrid RTR, K&B 13cc outboard, and a Zenaoh Need for Speed full mod, mounts, etc.. Was supposed to get a 76'''' Scarab, and Hawk gas heli. Claims his wife shipped from the army base but couldn't prove it.
Did you get your stuff back? Any justice?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.