Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Boats General Discussion
Reload this Page >

odessas big pink power boat project

Community
Search
Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

odessas big pink power boat project

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2009, 08:54 PM
louisgambini

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: odessas big pink power boat project

Good news, i t looks like were getting the big hull after all! The person that promised to cover shipping on it flaked out, but the person who was offering the hullstill wants to help. So I did something bad, I shorted some bills and paypalled the shipping costs for the hull. Not the smartest idea I know, but the guy that promised to pay it really bummed her out, she really had her hopes up, so its worth going into debt a little for now.
So, the most recent update, todds rigger will get set up as an electric until she knows what she's doing. The "big boat" is a 48" challenger bare hull. I'm hoping the rudder that joe sent will fit that. We have no idea what kind of power the challenger is going to have.
But thanks again everyone
Old 12-13-2009, 09:10 PM
joe2011

i had a 48" challenger I had a Zenoah 260 with a b&h mod pipe i think that's what it was its long gone now. that rudder came off a 44'' hydro i had it had a .67 in it oh well its been a long day for me have to go to bed to be at work a 4 am
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp44959.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	54.2 KB
ID:	1333838  
Old 12-14-2009, 08:07 PM
Tidnab
My Feedback: (51)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

The pink pool noodle is on it's way.Should be there by the end of the week.I put a purple one in the box to in case you need one for the other boat.
Old 12-14-2009, 08:10 PM
louisgambini

Thanks tidnab
Old 12-16-2009, 12:43 PM
TCHedOff

Let us know when my rigger arrives. Feel free to open it right away (it's not that pretty to be taken as a Christmas day gift - it'll need a good cleaning and new paint). Once you have it, we can work on getting you squared away on reassembling it. PM me your phone# once it arrives and I'll go over everything with you, so you know what you have and what to do with it.

Also you WONT be able to run it as an electric - not enough room for the required gear (others have already tried and found this out).
Old 12-16-2009, 12:54 PM
louisgambini

Thanks,
Since we are not that far from each other, I'm guessing it should be any day now.
Old 12-17-2009, 05:02 PM
louisgambini

It was a big day for the postman, two boxes. The first one I handed her was the box of noodles, thanks tidnab. It was so funny, I handed her the box and she said, wow that's a light boat. Lol. Then she opened the box and she was so confused. She said Noodles? I am NOT getting in the water with the boat, lol
I told her what they were for, she looked at them for a second and said, hey, that's pretty smart
Old 12-17-2009, 05:06 PM
louisgambini

And the second box, with much thanks to Todd, the rigger got here, she is totally freaking on that and can't wait to get started.
Personally I think the most difficult part is going to be painting it pink. I LOVE that green
Old 12-17-2009, 08:48 PM
TCHedOff

Glad to see you got it! You could of cleaned the mud off it before the pic tho! I have some additional boom tubes for the sponsons around here somewhere I'll get off to you when I find them.
Old 12-17-2009, 08:55 PM
louisgambini

I like the mud, it gives it character, lol. I appreciate the offer on the tubes, every little bit helps. Not to mention, if they come from you I know they are the right ones and not something I'm trying and hoping it works, lol.
Oh yeahm the two wooden blocks that were in the bag with the screws, what are they for?
And now that I see thee hull in front of me, I see where electric would be a problem, the gear would al fit, batteries on the other hand, lol, that's a different story
Old 12-17-2009, 09:34 PM
joe2011

i think i have a .15 laying around here some where but i think it needs a rod . has an easy start on it too . that my fit in the rigger . i only run gas stuff now. i do still have 2 or 3 nitro boats
Old 12-17-2009, 09:38 PM
louisgambini

ORIGINAL: joe2011

i think i have a .15 laying around here some where but i think it needs a rod . has an easy start on it too . that my fit in the rigger . i only gun gas stuff now. i do still have 2 or 3 nitro boats
Wow joe, how much do you want for it? I can't make any promises but I will see what I can do
Old 12-17-2009, 10:00 PM
joe2011

not looking for money just some who will make use of it . i know the crank is good i just can't find it right now . its here some where . maybe the cat know where it is they take stuff and run off with it all the time lol
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca81802.jpeg
Views:	9
Size:	64.8 KB
ID:	1336716  
Old 12-17-2009, 10:25 PM
louisgambini

That's it joe, blame the cat, my wife blames everything on my dog
Old 12-17-2009, 10:43 PM
joe2011

don't get me started on the dog. the one is fine but the the other one wow . that all i can say
he ate the blades on my rc helicopter ate a big hole in the wall . all can say is that ones not mine lol
Old 12-17-2009, 10:49 PM
louisgambini

My dog stays away from the rc stuff, he's afraid of everything, but I love him
Doesn't look like a coward though does he lol
Old 12-17-2009, 11:08 PM
joe2011

i don't have any pics of the min pin that's the one that tars stuff up the one sleeping i is missie she is the one i say is mine lol
the other one we had until she was healed after getting bit at were my friend works by a dog that some one was not holding right . she was stuck with a cone for 3 weeks
Attached Images   
Old 12-17-2009, 11:24 PM
louisgambini

Wow, she is a beautiful dog, what kind is she
Old 12-17-2009, 11:29 PM
joe2011

she is a pit and boxer mix (the one sleeping ) been offered a lot of money for that dog but she is not for sale
Attached Images  
Old 12-18-2009, 12:35 PM
advanced builder

My Son just moved into his first house. Yesterday Yay, my garage is empty Yay He just ordered a British bulldog we will have ( Bandit) A good looking young boy
Attached Images  
Old 12-18-2009, 01:20 PM
TCHedOff

Louis,

The green color is a PPG automotive paint color. There is a local auto staore that'll put thye paint into spray cans for you; the clear coat was called "2K" and also put into a special spray can (cost was @ $20 ea)

The wood blocks... one is a jig I used to drill holes in the sponson tubes w/a 1/16" drill bit (but I made so many replacements from crashes last summer) I got away from using it. The other block is just an extra. Pretty wood, isnt it. It's called coco bolo.

Personally, I'd redo the radio box top.... I had problems w/water getting in sometimes (which caused a number of crashes). I never found the leak (though the tub etc seem water tight if put in a bath tub) which led me to conclude it must be something to do w/the topside. A theory is the there isnt enough "lip" around the radio box... so when I taped the top on, water would seep in. I awlays thought I might get around to glueing 4 small stripos of wood around the "lip" to make it wider; and then narrow the radio box top to fit, but never got around to it. The forward most servo mount is for a Hitech 85 servo; the other is for a HiTec 225 servo (they fit in VERY tightly). You'll want to use a AAA sized battery pack.... a 5 cell/6volt "flat pack" will fit perfectly at the very back against the transom, or you can use a 5 cell/6 volt pack in a "stick" configuration, and that will fit perfectly across from the servos between the stuffing tube and the tub side. The stuffing tube is 7/32 and set up for a .150 flexshaft w/a 3/16 propshaft. A backcut 1440 reduced to 37.5 mm will get you into the 50's. The red sponsons seemed to run the best (wider seemed better); I'm building a 2nd one this winter and will be trying sponsons the same & wider than the ones you have.

My 6yr old son Shane wondered how old Odessa is (he's a lil jealous 'cause he wants to think he is old enough for a boat too ) Anyhow, Merry Christmas!
Old 12-18-2009, 02:21 PM
louisgambini

Awww bandit is cute
ORIGINAL: advanced builder

My Son just moved into his first house. Yesterday Yay, my garage is empty Yay He just ordered a British bulldog we will have ( Bandit) A good looking young boy
Old 12-18-2009, 02:24 PM
louisgambini

Todd, thanks for the info, but although I love the green, odessa wants pink, lol.
She's 8 by the way, and while she's not ready for 50 mph I'm sure it won't be long. She's an incredibly mature 8 year old and understands and accepts that there will be rules and restrictions.
Old 12-28-2009, 07:23 PM
louisgambini

One step closer, someone donated a transmitter. Odessa had a really cute idea for a picture with it
Old 01-07-2010, 06:46 PM
louisgambini

Been offline for a bit. Internet problems.
Looks like our vee hulls fell through, that leaves the rigger.
How small of an engine can we put in it until she gets used to it?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.