Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Boats General Discussion
nitro vee HELP!!! plz >

nitro vee HELP!!! plz

Community
Search
Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

nitro vee HELP!!! plz

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2003, 01:07 AM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default nitro vee HELP!!! plz

I have a traxxas nitro vee stock except a better prop. But when i try to drive it it cuts out when it gets into a plane??? i can go bout 3/4's throttle but if i go full throtle it starts losing power??? any suggestions, the glow plug is good but i cant seem to figure it out. Ohhh BTW it has maybe 1 gallon through it plz help thanks a lot
Old 07-07-2003, 03:47 AM

I had one last year. Out of the box it wouldn't run for more than a minute and then quit. I tried everything. Finaly I took it apart to find that the fuel pressure nipple was plugged at the manifold and would build a nagitive pressure in the tank causing the engine to die. At the factory they use glue to prevent it from comming loose, but on mine they went alittle crazy with the glue. I had to drill it out. You might want to check the fittings and lines for any obstructions, it might be blocked alittle too. At WOT it might not be getting enough fuel.
Old 07-08-2003, 01:52 AM

I cannot keep my Nitro vee running either --- I have run probably three tanks thru it 25 seconds at a time --- several times I have been tempted to blow it out of the water ---

I notice that I have air bubbles in the fuel line --- I know this has to be a problem but how do I stop it.

Also it seems to run better if I do not put the cover on it --- what is this telling me? Is it a mixture issue? Not enough air?

Please help
Old 07-08-2003, 02:05 AM

I would definatly check the pressure line to the tank! When mine would stall you could see the fuel shooting back to the tank because of the suction it caused. Make sure the nipple at the exaust manifold is clear and not blocked. You can also try running it with out the pressure line attached to see if the bubbles go away. You will get some air in the line when you first start it, but they should go away quickly. As for the cover, I never used it. After I fixed the problem the boat ran great! I hardly had to use the RTS system. The only problem I had then was the clutch!

Let me know what happens! Dale
Old 07-08-2003, 11:19 AM

Thanks I will try that today --- In regard to the cover -- you didnt worry about the water splashing in there etc.?
Old 07-08-2003, 11:51 AM

The only thing i can think of is the needle valve setting. It mightn't be getting enough or too much fuel when the rpm's are increased and bogging down ( no power ). It wouldnt be your fuel pressre line, as once the engine is rinning it sucks ts own fuel through. play around with he neddle vavle. When the engine is running, what are its deposits like? there should be a nice small trail of white smoke
Old 07-08-2003, 12:07 PM

The more I think about it is got to have something to do with the air in the fuel line or this back pressure issue? I've got the fix from the above thread on the pressure line but how do I trace where this air is coming from --- I'm kinda a newbie on nitro -- the tank is sealed so there must be a whole in the fuel line from the fuel tank to the carb right?

It can be running wide open across the lake and at full throttle it will just stop dead... also you can be just idling it and it will do the same thing --- the engine just quits...

I've called traxass and they have said that its part of the break in process --- but I now have had 3 full tanks thru it and followed the break in schedule to the t....

Something else I've noticed is that you have to choke it nearly every time to start it I think this lends to what RCBOATLOVER was saying the back pressure is pushing the fuel back to the tank away from the motor...

Well -- Any more tips please pass them along ---

Thanks for the help!!!
Old 07-08-2003, 09:36 PM

Originally posted by Flying Monkey
The only thing i can think of is the needle valve setting. It mightn't be getting enough or too much fuel when the rpm's are increased and bogging down ( no power ). It wouldnt be your fuel pressre line, as once the engine is rinning it sucks ts own fuel through. play around with he neddle vavle. When the engine is running, what are its deposits like? there should be a nice small trail of white smoke
theres LOTS of smoke to rich?
Old 07-08-2003, 11:02 PM

Sounds like the engine is running lean. You were right to check the fuel lines for breaks. Remove the fuel line and stretch it. you will see any splits when it is stretched out. Especially check the ends. Also check that the tank stopper is airtight, but don't overtighten the screw, it may split the tank. If the fuel lines and tank are airtight, open the needle valve two clicks and give it a go. If it still cuts out when wide open after say, 5 to 8 seconds, open the needle valve another click. Repeat as required! Careful of lean runs, it will cause excessive wear in the piston/cylinder.
Best wishes,
Will
Old 07-09-2003, 04:51 AM

if ther is lots of smoke, it is either buggered somewhere around the engine or it is too lean.......
Old 07-09-2003, 04:31 PM

Thanks ill try that next time i get a chance