Community
Search
Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

Lipo Help

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2010, 03:43 PM
DaGersh25

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lipo Help

I need some help deciding about lipo batteries and chargers.
I have a Shockwave 26 brushless boat and am looking to get lipos for it...
would a 7.4V2600Mah 2S 15 C compared to a 7.4V 5300MaH 2s 25C be a devestating difference or would the 2600mah work just fine?
I am also looking for a good but low priced charger for the battery as i have a budget
Thank you very much
Old 06-23-2010, 01:56 PM
-pkh-
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: Lipo Help

How many amps does it your system draw? The smaller batt is good for 39A max, and the larger batt is good for 132A. Other than that, the larger batt will just be more than 2x heavier and give you longer run times. HobbyKing sells the [link=http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=7028&Product_Name=Turnigy_Accucel-6_50W_6A_Balancer/Charger_w/_accessories]Accucell-6[/link] charger, works great for LiPos and many other battery types. Also, make sure your ESC has a LiPo low voltage cutoff. If not, HobbyKing also sells low voltage alarms for LiPo packs. I use these alarms with some 2S LiPos in my surface vehicles that have ESCs with no LiPo LVC.
Old 06-23-2010, 05:56 PM
Dan S

I second the charger from HobbyKing, it can charge every type of battery and works super great.

Dan.
Old 06-23-2010, 06:41 PM
gzee

Can you give a newbe to lipos some advice on charging? I bought a set of Turnigy 5000 20c's and the Venom pro charger by going by what was recomended by members. Can you now tell me how many amps to charge them at and also how long it may take and if the charger will shut off automaticily? Also when do have to discharge these batts? The boat is a stock SV with dual water pick ups one for the motor and one for the ec.and a few different props.
Thanks GZ
Old 06-23-2010, 11:31 PM
Richr

Yes, These are good questions. I also have similar problems with the lipo batteries. I have a 7.4v 5400 venom which does not connect to my thunder ac6 dual power charger. I have a liemax 5ooomah 7.4 lipo battery, but has no deans connector for the boat? Uhh..is it possible to burn out the balancer??? Thanks so much for helping me with the basics. I am sure the Swave26 will be fun if I can get her up and running.. Again thanks..