RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Boats General Discussion (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-boats-general-discussion-77/)
-   -   walmart gas tanks set up?????? (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-boats-general-discussion-77/5541429-walmart-gas-tanks-set-up.html)

rickburnout666 03-10-2007 06:29 PM

walmart gas tanks set up??????

Hi i have just got 2 alluminium drink containers to use in my zenoah powered gas boat, i have seen them used before,but cant find the thread does anyone have a link or have a diagram for the twin tank set up and all that is needed?

Tidnab 03-10-2007 07:23 PM

RE: walmart gas tanks set up??????

Use the search button on the bottom of your post and type in "vsop" and search in "r/c gas boats" and its on the 2nd page under RE: My 70" Phantom Inline Build Thread.Hope this helps

rickburnout666 03-10-2007 07:59 PM

Thanx for that , that wasn`t the thread i had seen before , the tanks i have are not as big as the ones shown and i`m only using one engine, i should be able to sort out what i need and set up ok (maybe i had seen a set up on another site) Thanx again Rick

Tidnab 03-10-2007 08:34 PM

Last year I bought some Ozark Trails 600ml aluminum drink bottles at Wal-Mart to use as fuel tanks,but never did them as I switched to IV bags.I was going to use the same setup on the tank as vsop,except I was only going to use 1 tank.

rickburnout666 03-10-2007 08:52 PM

The tanks i have are only 250ml each and £1 each (not sure of the $ exchage rate?)not walmart but the same sort of thing and metalic green, I need small tanks as the boat is only 40" long so it should fly,or crash in a great way (just hope i catch it on film):) I just ordered the nipples from Dave Marles here in the UK so i will get the tanks sorted a long time before the boat is ready, because i have other builds going at the same time

rickburnout666 03-12-2007 11:52 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Right i have drawn up a design for the tanks as i could not find that other thread,I had trouble finding this one again , PC`s are not my thing ,
anyway do you think this set up would be ok?
Rick

Quicksilver1 03-12-2007 01:00 PM

After searching for that thread for oh about an hour.....nothing. Went through 30 some pages of threads, only found the twin engine thread as well. I would say though looking at your diagram, that's the correct way. I dont see any other way to do it.

rickburnout666 03-12-2007 01:11 PM

Ok thanx for the response that i wanted to hear, now its just waiting for the bungs,nipples and hoses to arrive and i will put it all together, not sure when the boat will get built,i have too many projects running at the same time ?! but when i start, i will start a thread too