RC Car Engines Talk about rc car nitro engines and gas engines

Looking for a Unique Engine

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2016, 08:24 AM
abeatlesfan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for a Unique Engine

Hi guys,

I'm not sure if this needs to got to a hobbyist like all of you, or a different forum/site like mini-bikes, go-karts or something...

What I'm trying to create is known as a drift trike. It's basically a big wheel for adults to go around acting like idiots... It's alot of fun. What I'm doing now, is I'm going to DIY one because I'm guessing I can do it for less than $2,000 which is what the cheap ones go for. Anyways, most of the drift trikes I see have go-kart engines mounted behind them. This is good I suppose, but I'm trying to put the engine beneath me so instead of rear mounted, I have a mid-engine which should help in alot of aspects down the road for a few things I have planned. So what I'm looking for is essentially a mini boxer or flat engine. I don't care if it's 2 stroke or something else, but I'd prefer it to take normal gas without dealing with mixing oil and such. I was also looking into small rotary engines due to the high output and excellent rpms. I'd like to find one for cheap and used. I know there are alot of parameters but that's why I'm having difficulty finding something. If nothing like that exists then, I'm off to the next idea of finding a moderately cheap mini V-8 and mounting it to the back and making it look like a hotrod.

Oh, most people run around 5-10hp, I'd like more than that if possible. The more hp (I'm thinking around 20hp), the better because I have this idea to create a modular frame to do a few things with the trike.

So basically, I'm looking for a cheap, small, powerful engine... Hahahaha, even I know this probably won't happen but I'd love to hear what the best option is in the world right now.

Thanks,
Mitch
Old 03-16-2016, 11:32 AM
1QwkSport2.5r

Received 76 Likes on 69 Posts

You're looking for a big v-twin horizontal shaft 4-stroke cycle engine. Think lawn tractor and wood chipper type engines. Cost new is around $1,200-2,000USD. No hobby type engine is going to suit your needs.