Notices
RC Car Engines Talk about rc car nitro engines and gas engines

Traxxas t Maxx 3.3 does after starting

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2022, 04:12 PM
Tegguy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Traxxas t Maxx 3.3 does after starting

So forgive me but I am a newbie with RC trucks but I have a Tmaxx 3.3 that hasn't ran in about 10 years. I removed the EZ start glow plug wire and I'm using an igniter. I just rebuilt the carb and cleaned out all the fuel lines and everything and got it back together. After adjusting the high speed screw the truck will start but as soon as I pull off the plug igniter it dies. There is no slowly dies it's almost instantaneous. I have tried to adjust the high speed and low speed screws both directions to no avail. I noticed some "fluid" coming from the exhaust but I figured this was from the high speed screw initially. I got a new plug and put it in and I have the same problem. I adjusted the high speed screw and the truck wants to take off and run but the second I pull the igniter stick off it dies. There is no sputter or slowly ramping down it's instantaneous. What am I doing wrong or should I adjust next?
Old 02-27-2022, 10:13 AM
gettnbetter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Exhaust leak possibly or more likely, there is still old castor or whatever they used back them gummed up the fuel tank and lines. Make sure the exhaust and pipe is tight, the tank needs good pressure. Try rigging up a temporary tank using a small water bottle and new lines to test. We used to be able to use denatured alcohol (not isopropil) to clean out the gummed castor but it's pretty much banned everywhere now. I don't know of any other chemical that actually works on gummed castor. Might just need a new tank or tank filter and fuel lines.
Old 02-28-2022, 11:58 AM
1QwkSport2.5r

Received 76 Likes on 69 Posts

If the engine dies when removing the glow driver, either the plug is no good or the low speed is too rich. Also make sure the idle gap isn’t too wide as this will give an improper low speed needle setting. .5-.8mm is the ideal range for the idle gap.