Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

NEW! Traxxas Rally VXL

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2010, 07:57 AM
jamie
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: NEW! Traxxas Rally VXL

TRAXXAS WE NEED AND WANT A GAS VERSION OF THE REVO 5TH SCALE NOW THAT WOULD BE AWSOME
Old 10-01-2010, 09:54 AM
mattio79

they weren't the first with a mini (micro) rally car, Losi was. i have one and it is awesome. it does come with Block tires and it does offroad well for its size. i just got the 350mah lipo for it and now it's actually fun, in my apartment and out in the parking lot. all i need now is a micro connector so i am not bending the contacts shoving the BEC-style connector into it. that and a lipo alarm. as it is geared, with lipo it does 18mph, and with the 4.8v nimh, it does around 12mph. i intend on getting the Turbo ACE 14Kkv motor and a ez-run 18A esc with a GT-2 2.4ghz radio and HXT-900 servo. all of this will cost about $70. so for a 1/24 (1/18 really) rally car to go up to 60mph is pretty cheap for $170
Old 10-01-2010, 11:33 AM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: mattio79

they weren't the first with a mini (micro) rally car, Losi was. i have one and it is awesome. it does come with Block tires and it does offroad well for its size. i just got the 350mah lipo for it and now it's actually fun, in my apartment and out in the parking lot. all i need now is a micro connector so i am not bending the contacts shoving the BEC-style connector into it. that and a lipo alarm. as it is geared, with lipo it does 18mph, and with the 4.8v nimh, it does around 12mph. i intend on getting the Turbo ACE 14Kkv motor and a ez-run 18A esc with a GT-2 2.4ghz radio and HXT-900 servo. all of this will cost about $70. so for a 1/24 (1/18 really) rally car to go up to 60mph is pretty cheap for $170
duratrax vendetta has been out awhile too.
I was actually thinking of getting one last week, but my minds shifted more to getting a old tamiya grasshopper or hornet (can't decide, and yes I know they are the same chassis)

But if I do ever get one it will be a roller because I'm not a fan of the included esc's 1 button setup, and don't like the traxxas TQ controllers.
Old 10-01-2010, 02:18 PM
prestonlal

Wow! Rally cars are coming back! Good thing I held onto mine. Haha!
Old 10-01-2010, 03:56 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

Don't mind ThunderbirdJunkie, just dusting off his RS4 Rally which was superior 12 years ago[&:]
Old 10-01-2010, 05:15 PM
prestonlal

i hear you! i have the 'super' version from that same period. Super Nitro RS4 Rally (now brushless converted) running Velineon 3s systems on 3s lipo 35c....! true parking lot predators....
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig13296.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	96.8 KB
ID:	1509545   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dy78352.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	95.7 KB
ID:	1509546   Click image for larger version

Name:	Di10348.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	153.8 KB
ID:	1509547   Click image for larger version

Name:	Le93495.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	121.0 KB
ID:	1509548  
Old 10-01-2010, 05:38 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

ORIGINAL: prestonlal

i hear you! i have the 'super' version from that same period. Super Nitro RS4 Rally (now brushless converted) running Velineon 3s systems on 3s lipo 35c....! true parking lot predators....
is that a tupperware container you bolted to that one RS4?

Hmmm maybe I should just convert my nitro RS4 I was building from a MT1 to rally
could just slap a mt1 front and rear shock tower on with its bodymounts, a set of mt1 shocks and call it done
I converted a MT1 once so I know its not very hard
Old 10-01-2010, 05:39 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie

Those suckers have to be QUICK running on 3S!

Wonder how a 3300kv motor on 3S would treat the old belt drive RS4 Rally's drivetrain [&:]
Old 10-01-2010, 06:37 PM
prestonlal

TUPPERWARE??WHAT TUPPERWARE?? hah! yup it is! homemade bathtubs is what they are....works okay to keep out most of the road debris (like small twigs and pebbles) as well as most of the dirt!
actually they both started life as MT1s....i did the conversion to rally cars and then later on converted to brushless...if you want i can list out the parts (and hopefully the part numbers) that you will need to get to do the conversion to rally. then you will need a body...if you decide to go this route i might be able to hook you up with one of these bodies......

Name:	Cz79889.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	71.9 KB
ID:	1509596   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ie97981.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	78.3 KB
ID:	1509597   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wb76990.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	64.3 KB
ID:	1509598  
Old 10-01-2010, 06:44 PM
prestonlal

Oh yeah...these buggers really move.. I havent any way of timimg them..but im willing to bet they get up to 60mph before they leave the ground to go tumbling about 15 feet... . i have to go slowly on the throttle for about 100 feet, slowly increasing before i can go full throttle [X(] thats about the only way i can keep it planted on the ground...[:@]
Old 10-01-2010, 06:48 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

TUPPERWARE??WHAT TUPPERWARE?? hah! yup it is! homemade bathtubs is what they are....works okay to keep out most of the road debris (like small twigs and pebbles) as well as most of the dirt!
actually they both started life as MT1s....i did the conversion to rally cars and then later on converted to brushless...if you want i can list out the parts (and hopefully the part numbers) that you will need to get to do the conversion to rally. then you will need a body...if you decide to go this route i might be able to hook you up with one of these bodies......
hmm what are the shock towers, front bumper, and body mounts?
I already made it a RS4 evo 3 with a MT1 center gear, but never fired it up due to not being able to get the center gear to spin freely (it hits the radio tray) but slapping in a BL setup would fix that
Old 10-01-2010, 08:00 PM
prestonlal

Shock towers A373
Body mounts A374
doesnt carry bumpers . skid plate (?) in front , the body is the bumper from the way it was originally designed.

Front and rear A arms A454
Front hub carriers A461
Front and rear dogbones A553
Front axles A548
Front Shock mount plate 72237
Front and rear hub pins/shafts 6281 and 6284
front shock shaft 6872
front spring 6786

These parts will make a MT1 into an original Super Nitro Rally. of course, some of these parts can be substituted for similar RS4 parts (i think) but generally these parts can still be found...

as a matter of fact i have a complete set of parts that i accumulated to build an entire SNR brand new as a shelf queen...so i know that the parts can be found

Name:	Ig13307.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	124.9 KB
ID:	1509614   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ql32867.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	122.4 KB
ID:	1509615   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kp33106.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	103.9 KB
ID:	1509616   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vo36942.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	143.6 KB
ID:	1509617  
Old 10-01-2010, 08:10 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Shock towers A373
Body mounts A374
doesnt carry bumpers . skid plate (?) in front , the body is the bumper from the way it was originally designed.

Front and rear A arms A454
Front hub carriers A461
Front and rear dogbones A553
Front axles A548
Front Shock mount plate 72237
Front and rear hub pins/shafts 6281 and 6284
front shock shaft 6872
front spring 6786

These parts will make a MT1 into an original Super Nitro Rally. of course, some of these parts can be substituted for similar RS4 parts (i think) but generally these parts can still be found...

as a matter of fact i have a complete set of parts that i accumulated to build an entire SNR brand new as a shelf queen...so i know that the parts can be found

thx for the list
turns out only part different I can see is the body mount set than what i have on it already
Old 10-01-2010, 08:20 PM
prestonlal

Sweet! sounds good! been thinking about doing a build thread later this month when i start the shelfer...
Old 10-02-2010, 03:48 AM
xDIRTYSOUTHx

ORIGINAL: SyCo_VeNoM

is that a tupperware container you bolted to that one RS4?
Rockin' the granny pans

Old 10-10-2010, 10:32 PM
9five9

ORIGINAL: Traxxas_Tech

Gymkhana is super hot right now and since nobody has brought a vehicle quite like this to the public yet, Traxxas will be the one to break that ground. Just another way to expand the hobby to the mainstream and make it grow. It's what we do! Pricing will be similar to the other Traxxas 1/16 VXL models.
Ken Block's "gymkhana" videos are just videos of a guy doing what we do with RC cars, but in a real car. It's not gymkhana, it's just beating the crap out of a car, and making it look cool. Gymkhana - as an actual motorsport is not exactly "super hot right now."
Old 10-11-2010, 09:27 AM
Traxxas_Tech
My Feedback: (22)

ORIGINAL: INSIDEout

Ken Block's ''gymkhana'' videos are just videos of a guy doing what we do with RC cars, but in a real car. It's not gymkhana, it's just beating the crap out of a car, and making it look cool. Gymkhana - as an actual motorsport is not exactly ''super hot right now.''
Ken Block is pretty darn popular right now, especially with the younger generations. And while his videos may not typify the Gymkhana sport, it is true that his driving is done on Gymkhana style courses. Additionally, most people have probably never heard of gymkhana until they saw Ken Block, so to them Ken Block is Gymkhana. Go to Wal-Mart and ask 10 people if they know who Ken Block is, and I'll bet you 7 will be able to answer you, or at least recognize the name. Try to get that kind of mainstream recognition with any other motorsport that has any kind of R/C ties. We try to bridge the gap between R/C and reality and we believe Rally will be the next one to help the hobby leap forward.

Traxxas is one of the few companies that is doing anything to expand our hobby by eventually integrating Traxxas R/C into as many motorsport venues as possible. We want to bring new blood into the hobby, make the pie bigger. Not cater strictly to people with R/C already in their garage. Traxxas puts a face to the R/C hobby by making products that the general public will remember when they walk into a hobby shop for the first time.
Old 10-11-2010, 09:49 AM
ThunderbirdJunkie

ORIGINAL: Traxxas_Tech

Traxxas is one of the few companies that is doing anything to expand our hobby by eventually integrating Traxxas R/C into as many motorsport venues as possible.
You must've forgotten HPI's road racing venture[&:]
Old 10-11-2010, 09:55 AM
Traxxas_Tech
My Feedback: (22)

ORIGINAL: ThunderbirdJunkie
You must've forgotten HPI's road racing venture[&:]

So did everybody else. At least they tried...
Old 10-11-2010, 09:56 AM
prestonlal

Yeah...10 years ago.... HPI had the RS4 Rally, and the rally version of the Nitro MT aka Super Nitro Rally....which was 1/9 scale as well...!
Old 10-11-2010, 10:08 AM
ThunderbirdJunkie

Hey, point is they did the rally thing when all Traxxas had was the Pede/Rusty/Bandit and electric 4tec.
Old 10-11-2010, 10:17 AM
prestonlal

Hey I meant that in a good way.... All my RCs are either HPI Rallys or Tamiya off roads and rallys. It's a real shame that the HPIs are discontinued....I would love some of their newer tech in my rallies....[]
Old 10-27-2010, 01:38 PM
kingtutt

Salutations, hi and hello my fellow rc and rally cross fans!

Although a lot of people think this is the first rc rally type car it is not in fact Losi released a really neat 1/24 scale Rally and besides some first day problems with the RX(its an FM radio btw ) I have really enjoyed mine; I got it right when it came out. Then I saw the Rally VXL and even though I know its a re-fab of the 1/16th scale e-Revo/Slash I couldn't resist. And seeing this. I wastrulyexcited!
Anyway I got one yesterday and athought the included BFGs are awesome for on road drift type driving I would like to pursuit a more total rally experience and take advantage of the e-Revo DNA so here's my rally with the new rims and tires. The rims and tires are both HPI but most any 1/12th scale/26mm wheels will work with out much if any mod to the body.
Old 10-28-2010, 01:02 PM
bladefan

Bought a Rally VXL a few days ago and it hs revitalized my intrest in cars. I have a 1/10 2wd slash and velineon as well as 1/10 losi desert truck. And I am BORED, unless im at the track.

I love this thing. ESPCIALLY for the wet windy oregon winters. All I have to do is take it outside and race it outside up and down the street. Maybe set up a few cones when that gets old. The wet vs dry pavement also makes it fun.

Frankly, having never really been able to slide a basher around much, this thing is a whole new different and awesome experience. IM HAVING so much fun. I convinced my brother to get one. I thought drifting looked stupid. Now that ive actuly done it its pretty fun.

The hobbystore guy told me that its different from a drifter because it has a bit more traction and you can get it going fast. After my experience I agree. I have a 3s lipo in mine and it its too much speed for me. I love that I can get it going so darn fast but its really for the wow factor. For the controlled slidding, its more fun going slower. I've replaced about 6 bucks in parts (spent $10 because it came with extra). I sorta wish it had a rear bumper.
Old 10-28-2010, 06:24 PM
RobbieP
Banned

ORIGINAL: bladefan
I sorta wish it had a rear bumper.

I bet T-Bone bumpers either has one, or has in the works.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.