Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

E revo Brushless doesn't wheelie?

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2010, 09:59 AM
cliffkp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default E revo Brushless doesn't wheelie?

I just got a used brushless (mamba monster) e revo. I picked up 2s batts for it. Went out today for first test drive and grass was wet and some leaves on the grind. It didn't want to pop a wheelie (due to the wet grass/leaves) so I took it to the street and full throttled it, still no wheelie, has good acceleration but will not lift up. is this kind of standard for a 2s lipo batt (have 2 2s 5000 mah 20c constant 30c burst hooked up)

Old 10-16-2010, 10:29 AM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: E revo Brushless doesn't wheelie?

check the slipper clutch. if its not tight enought it wont wheely.
also, i have never owned a revo, but they are made to handle well. not wheely. and the lipos you have are OK, but ones that are 30c would have been better.
Old 10-16-2010, 10:52 AM
cliffkp

i tightened the slipper clutch down. ( says in the manual tighten until the springs fully compress then back off 1/4 turn ) well i tightened it down until the springs look full compressed (can i just tigten it until the nut doesn't turn anymore? then back off 1/4?) Says in the manual not to over tighten which seems confusing because if the spring is fully compressed it shouldn't tighten anymore? Stupid question I know but don't want to be replacing parts on my first day...
Old 10-16-2010, 12:23 PM
cliffkp

ORIGINAL: cliffkp

i tightened the slipper clutch down. ( says in the manual tighten until the springs fully compress then back off 1/4 turn ) well i tightened it down until the springs look full compressed (can i just tigten it until the nut doesn't turn anymore? then back off 1/4?) Says in the manual not to over tighten which seems confusing because if the spring is fully compressed it shouldn't tighten anymore? Stupid question I know but don't want to be replacing parts on my first day...
problem fixed by... tightening up the slipper clutch. I'm still a bit curious about my above quote so I didn't drive it a whole lot.. about a half battery.. pops wheelies pretty easily and still grips the ground well. even with 20c batts (30c peek) it flies to me. more then enough power for now.
Old 10-16-2010, 01:13 PM
rc person 577

The reason they say that is to decease wear on the tranny, traction control, and cover their butts. There is a (small) chance you could break a gear, and if they tell you to crank it down, people will start to break tranny gears (pain in the rear for them). Also, the slipper takes "shock" away from the tranny gears under high loads. If you are racing, loosening the slipper will decrease tire spin = easier to control.

Just don't land with full throttle or full break on, that is the main cause of tranny failure.
Hope this helps.