Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

New 1st Nitro RC??????

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2010, 01:44 PM
BriDroid

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New 1st Nitro RC??????

I'm going to be getting my 1st Nitro RC soon and I've narrowed it down to 2 cars that are in my price range. TheAssociatedRC10GT2 and the HPI Firestorm. I was considering a Redcat Tornado S30, but there seems to be to many bad reviews on them. They also have their fans, but I'm just scared when I can get one of the others for just a bit more $

I like the fact that the RC10GT2 and the Firestorm both have lots of hop up parts for them, though theassociatedafter-marketparts do seem a few $ cheaper.

I have searched all though the forums here, but can't find an exact answer on which one to get.

Does anyone have apreference as to which one will serve me better? I'm just getting one to play with and bash around, so I want something tuff!

Thanks!
Old 12-10-2010, 02:18 PM
Nitro Racer 18

Default RE: New 1st Nitro RC??????

The Himoto Cobra RZ1 is pretty good. Only problem is the power and tight radio box.
Old 12-10-2010, 02:23 PM
Ttam Says Blarg

ORIGINAL: Nitro Racer 18

The Himoto Cobra RZ1 is pretty good. Only problem is the power and tight radio box.
LOL!
Old 12-10-2010, 02:24 PM
Nitro Racer 18

In 2006 RC Driver said it was a good value.
Old 12-10-2010, 04:40 PM
hasek1616

now i have never read that magazine but as a rule i always take what magazines say with a grain of salt, most all magazines are known to be influenced by $$$, heck, some of the most widely known problems on some of today's biggest platforms were never mentioned in the reviews from magazines. but for the sake of arguement lets say that the himoto was a good value, do you really want to be waiting 3-7 days for parts so you can run your car again? as for the OP's question i would sayboth are superb cars, i have a friend who has nothing bad to say about his e firestorm, and *** is somewhat similar to the firestorm, so i wouldnt ave any second thoughts about buying the firestorm, but, the same can be said for the associated. you say you're just going to be bashing, but just about everyone says that when they get into the hobby, me included. i would say if you have a track within driving distance go with the associated because they are usually the better racer, and they are pretty durable on top of that
Old 12-10-2010, 05:17 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: hasek1616

now i have never read that magazine but as a rule i always take what magazines say with a grain of salt, most all magazines are known to be influenced by $$$, heck, some of the most widely known problems on some of today's biggest platforms were never mentioned in the reviews from magazines.
Agree seen enough reviews for video games like that. The big name companies they always ignore issues, and the smaller companies they nail left and right(even though the big name game suffered from the same issues). Some reviewers were even busted taking bribes. Even the RCU reviews on a few I read there like the vehicle was extremely durable... than next line Ohh I broke the rear wing mount off after 1 flip and broke a a-arm 10 minutes later. Lets face it reviewers are pressured into being biased cause if you owned a company would you pay a place for advertisements that said your product was crap?

To the OP you can also look at some of the 1/8th scale ofna's they are very near the firestorms price, are 4wd, and generally pretty tough vehicles.

Hyper 7 TQ blackhttp://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXRUS1&P=ML
Picco $309 http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXVGM6&P=ML
Jamin X1x RTR http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...-4WD-RTR-Buggy