Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

Yet another "what car should I buy" question

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Yet another "what car should I buy" question

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2011, 02:43 PM
ramp4ge

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Yet another

Jato = boring and useless for anything but asphalt.
I raced my JATO 2.5 at the local track for years and TQ'd with it many times. It was bone stock except tires, springs and oil. I also had a single speed conversion to meet the requirements of the track.

The JATO is an amazing track truck when you take all the bling off of it and realize it's potential.

With a little tuning it will hang with GT2s and Losis all day long. It's got great suspension geometry and a ton of tuning options out of the box.

It was speculated for a while that Traxxas would push the JATO as a real race platform, and many were highly disappointed when they didn't. It really is a great-handling truck with a ton of race-inspired features. It's very stable in the air and it's got great weight distribution. Get the "OMG 70MPH OUT OF THE BOX!" nonsense out of your head, lock out the 2-speed and go race it.