Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Battery Connectors

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2011, 02:33 PM
traxxas_guy11

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Battery Connectors

So i have a Revo Plat and am planning on doing a Brushless Conversion. I am a nitro guy and am also very new to the hobby. I dont reall understand how to make sure you have the right connections for my battery to plug into what? the ESC or motor? and then i need to make sure i buy a charger that can not only charge the lipo but also have the right connectors? i am very confused and any aid at this point is very halpful as i am only 14 and am on a limited budget and do not wanna screw anything up. thanks

Old 03-28-2011, 04:05 PM
samguan

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: Battery Connectors

Old 03-29-2011, 08:22 AM
Sal Bandini

Great pic samguan posted.

I just want to add, although it might be obvious to many here, make sure you put the right mating connector on the correct part.

Battery - female plug
charger lead - male plug
ESC to battery - male plug
motor - male bullets
ESC to motor wires - female bullets

If you want to save money and do the least amount of soldering, put the same type of connector on your ESC and charge lead as the ones on your batteries.
Old 03-29-2011, 08:37 AM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: Sal Bandini

If you want to save money and do the least amount of soldering, put the same type of connector on your ESC and charge lead as the ones on your batteries.
unless the battery comes with a tamiya connector then cut that off and throw the connector in the garbage

Also when changing a battery's plug cut, and solder one wire at a time so you do not short em.
Old 03-29-2011, 08:38 AM
Sal Bandini

ORIGINAL: SyCo_VeNoM

ORIGINAL: Sal Bandini

unless the battery comes with a tamiya connector then cut that off and throw the connector in the garbage

Also when changing a battery's plug cut, and solder one wire at a time so you do not short em.
One wire at a time please