Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.
View Poll Results: A poll
9.09%
8.18%
11.82%
10.00%
10.00%
4.55%
1.82%
4.55%
0%
10+
40.00%
Voters: 110. You may not vote on this poll

how many cars do you have?

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2011, 07:56 AM
Nitro Fumes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: how much cars do you have?

I only have two. A Losi XXX NT-AD2 and an HPI Baja 5b SS. But I've had more in the past as I got into this hobby in 1983.
Old 04-13-2011, 08:33 AM
hpiracr28

i have only 1... Traxxas Bandit VXL, 9.6v 5000mah nimh, aluminum caster blocks, rpm fromt bumper, pro-line tires, led light kit, raised esc mount.
Old 04-13-2011, 08:59 AM
djyjrlz

are you saying that no one of your generation was English impaired, or just had trouble with words? I think that because the internet is the closest thing to bringing everyone down to the same level you are certainly going to encounter people with less literary skills.
Old 04-13-2011, 09:08 AM
djyjrlz

are you saying that no one of your generation was English impaired, or just had trouble with words? I think that because the internet is the closest thing to bringing everyone down to the same level you are certainly going to encounter people with less literary skills.
Old 04-13-2011, 11:45 AM
Fastvxl

My Wife says to many my Brain says not enough!! At this point the WIFE Wins!!! (17 Total.)

fastvxl
Old 04-13-2011, 02:21 PM
electricrc68
Banned

ORIGINAL: hpiracr28

i have only 1... Traxxas Bandit VXL, 9.6v 5000mah nimh, aluminum caster blocks, rpm fromt bumper, pro-line tires, led light kit, raised esc mount.
why don't you use a lipo?

Old 04-13-2011, 04:43 PM
electricrc68
Banned

or a lifepo4?
Old 04-13-2011, 09:16 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

ORIGINAL: pmerritt

''How much cars do I have''? Does anyone else get driven as crazy as I do over the lack of literacy witnessed on postings these days? Just think, as we are planning retirement and having the future of our existence in the hands of this generation, these fine folks will be running our country. Let's pray to God that they have incredibly talented and educated aides to assist with their written obligations, as well as all others. Maybe I should start a forum over grammar? Nothing personal to this particular posting. I see evidence of illiteracy throughout postings here and C/L, blogs, and whether it is due to the new age of computer assisted communication or maybe just too much time working on RC toys and not enough time dusting off the old Webster's book? I'm betting this post will last a total of five minutes but at least I got to rant and rave and hopefully I have spelled everything correct?

ThunderbirdJunkie agrees, but electricrc68 generally uses pretty good grammar, so he didn't bother saying anything.
Old 04-13-2011, 09:36 PM
Hack u 2

Pmerritt come on.....The ages on this site are 5-100. Not all will have spell check or even make sence in grammar. It's in General forum where all Neebies and the younger people go to. Rant...REALLY? i mean REALLY? Thunderjunkie..sorry for original post..this is edited now...spelling iz deliberate!
Old 04-13-2011, 09:50 PM
Ttam Says Blarg

My sig lists all of my rc's which is plenty enough upkeep for me. I buy to keep though. I dont plan on trading or selling rides.. Just expanding
Old 04-13-2011, 10:37 PM
SLAYERDUDE

ORIGINAL: Ttam Says Blarg

My sig lists all of my rc's which is plenty enough upkeep for me. I buy to keep though. I dont plan on trading or selling rides.. Just expanding
Come on Matt, why you gotta be bussin the TBJ's chops... really.. really?

Lol bussin your chops but..
We could easily be in a Surban or Toehoe conundrum right now given the topic title...[X(]
That was the first thing that crossed my mind while I was driving my B'mer and texting this on my smartphones, whatever they are...
Old 04-13-2011, 10:59 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

ORIGINAL: Hack u 2

Thunderbird come on.....The ages on this site are 5-100. Not all will have spell check or even make sence in grammar. It's in General forum where all Neebies and the younger people go to. Rant...REALLY? i mean REALLY?
Yeah, OK dude, you obviously didn't read ThunderbirdJunkie's post.

BTW you misspelled "sense" and "newbies".
Old 04-14-2011, 05:24 AM
Eman77

ORIGINAL: pmerritt

''How much cars do I have''? Does anyone else get driven as crazy as I do over the lack of literacy witnessed on postings these days? Just think, as we are planning retirement and having the future of our existence in the hands of this generation, these fine folks will be running our country. Let's pray to God that they have incredibly talented and educated aides to assist with their written obligations, as well as all others. Maybe I should start a forum over grammar? Nothing personal to this particular posting. I see evidence of illiteracy throughout postings here and C/L, blogs, and whether it is due to the new age of computer assisted communication or maybe just too much time working on RC toys and not enough time dusting off the old Webster's book? I'm betting this post will last a total of five minutes but at least I got to rant and rave and hopefully I have spelled everything correct?

I think your spelling was correct overall, but you should have ended that last sentence with a period, not a question mark. Same with another sentence in there too that I made bold above. Another one seems fragmented, and probably should not end with a question mark either. I made that one bold too.

Old 04-14-2011, 05:35 AM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thunderbird come on.....The ages on this site are 5-100. Not all will have spell check or even make sence in grammar. It's in General forum where all Neebies and the younger people go to. Rant...REALLY? i mean REALLY?
Download firefox, and install.
PRESTO spell check for everything you type
Best of all its FREE!!!!
Will say one thing it will not check grammar, but hell at least your spelling will be correct
Old 04-14-2011, 05:37 AM
The_Shark

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have 4.

a nitro evader (in disrepair) a t-maxx, a rc18t (in disrepair) and a 9.5 built to the teeth.

the rc18 blows itself to peices because of the power, and the evader was a hunk of junk off of ebay sold as "like new"
Old 04-14-2011, 05:44 AM
Eman77

ORIGINAL: SyCo_VeNoM

Download firefox, and install.
PRESTO spell check for everything you type
Best of all its FREE!!!!
Will say one thing it will not check grammar, but hell at least your spelling will be correct
True. Firefox helps loads for that - but also becomes a crutch. It still won't prevent the horrendous misuse of "your" and "you're", "its" and "it's"...but hey, I guess we can't have everything.
Old 04-14-2011, 07:59 AM
hpiracr28

ORIGINAL: electricrc68

idk, dont feel like messing around with balancing and all tat stuff. believe me a 9.6v is plent for a bandit vxl. i cant keep the front end down!
Old 04-14-2011, 09:15 AM
ArcticCatRider
My Feedback: (6)

I have 2 functioning RC cars - an RC10GT, and an SC8. I've had dozens in the past, that are now in their final resting places. (One being in Davy Jones' locker.)

Also in the collection is a Dumas 40 Deep Vee boat with an OPS .45, and as well as 6 airplanes. Only 1 electric, a Carl Goldberg Electra that I built in 1998.

I agree with ThunderbirdJunkie that this hobby is cheap in comparison to other recreational activities such as wheelin', snowmobiling, or boating. I, too, wonder why some individuals attempting to pursue recreation through RC constantly worry about the costs...especially in regards to something like fuel. This is akin to 50' yacht owners complaining about the cost of diesel. People drop big bucks on some items, then throw nickels around like sewer covers for others. Why?

I also agree with pmerrit on his analysis of "this generation." (although I am this generation) When spell-check and other conveniences have replaced the impetus to pick up a book and actually learn something, I wonder how shoes with laces can still be marketable today...
Old 04-14-2011, 11:17 AM
dracy69
My Feedback: (1)

I have, in order of acquisition (as best as memory serves)

Savage 25
MT2 18SS
RS4 3 18SS
HB E-zilla
Savage X
Xray NT18T (it was too cool to pass up)
Baja 5B RTR
Team Losi Micro-T (also too cool to pass up)
Baja 5B SS
Baja 5T

As far as generational problems go; judging by the state of the country, and the world, I'm more worried about trying to fix the previous generations' problems rather than fear problems we will create ourselves. For some reason my generation (I am 20) is blamed for things like high crime rates, drug abuse, and generally being carelss. Yet, not only did we not create these problems, we also did not all of a sudden make them widespread. Most of these issues skyrocketed in the 70s and 80s and has since been on a gradual decline since the late 90s if memory serves me well. We are also not responsible for the current state of the economy, or our idiotic foreign policies; not to mention the insane domestic issues we face with economic instability, the worst unemployment the country has ever seen (when you compare the amount of unemployed, 13.9 million, to the amount of advertised job openings, 2.8 million), the largest deficit ever, most expensive schooling (which has now become mandatory in this terrible job market), less average pay (adjusted for inflation and general expenses). On top of that we will also have to wrestle natural resource shortages, and global warming.

So please do me a favor before you needlessly attack the current generation of kids for being irresponsible, uneducated (statistically a ridiculous statement anyway), and technologically reliant. Take a look at how your generation left the world for us and then please try and tell me again with a straight face that we are the irresponsible ones. Why worry about the future after you systematically made it impossible for us to live anywhere near as comfortably as most did in the 90s.

I also love to hear the arguments about how our music sucks. Look at any sales chart from 20 years ago, and look at how many bands/groups/singers disappeared after about a few years of fame. The Pop/Hits genre has never changed and it never will. This logic also applies to just about every form of the entertainment and art industry that has existed, to our knowledge, for as long as we have kept a record of it. So has robbery, adultery, genocide, greed, and fraud.

Society has never changed, every generation just believes they are the ones that knew and saw the most and everyone else lacks (insert BS here) and the world was doomed.
Old 04-14-2011, 11:21 AM
The Hedgehog

Beiber fever!!!!!!
Old 04-14-2011, 11:37 AM
electricrc68
Banned

ORIGINAL: electricrc68

idk, dont feel like messing around with balancing and all tat stuff. believe me a 9.6v is plent for a bandit vxl. i cant keep the front end down!
oh okay. makes sense. just checking since many people use lipos with their BL setups.

Old 04-14-2011, 11:47 AM
ArcticCatRider

ORIGINAL: dracy69

Savage 25
MT2 18SS
RS4 3 18SS
HB E-zilla
Savage X
Baja 5B RTR
Baja 5B SS
Baja 5T

As far as generational problems go; judging by the state of the country, and the world, I'm more worried about trying to fix the previous generations' problems rather than fear problems we will create ourselves. For some reason my generation (I am 20) is blamed for things like high crime rates, drug abuse, and generally being carelss. Yet, not only did we not create these problems, we also did not all of a sudden make them widespread. Most of these issues skyrocketed in the 70s and 80s and has since been on a gradual decline since the late 90s if memory serves me well. We are also not responsible for the current state of the economy, or our idiotic foreign policies; not to mention the insane domestic issues we face with economic instability, the worst unemployment the country has ever seen (when you compare the amount of unemployed, 13.9 million, to the amount of advertised job openings, 2.8 million), the largest deficit ever, most expensive schooling (which has now become mandatory in this terrible job market), less average pay (adjusted for inflation and general expenses). On top of that we will also have to wrestle natural resource shortages, and global warming.

So please do me a favor before you needlessly attack the current generation of kids for being irresponsible, uneducated (statistically a ridiculous statement anyway), and technologically reliant. Take a look at how your generation left the world for us and then please try and tell me again with a straight face that we are the irresponsible ones. Why worry about the future after you systematically made it impossible for us to live anywhere near as comfortably as most did in the 90s.

I also love to hear the arguments about how our music sucks. Look at any sales chart from 20 years ago, and look at how many bands/groups/singers disappeared after about a few years of fame. The Pop/Hits genre has never changed and it never will. This logic also applies to just about every form of the entertainment and art industry that has existed, to our knowledge, for as long as we have kept a record of it. So has robbery, adultery, genocide, greed, and fraud.

Society has never changed, every generation just believes they are the ones that knew and saw the most and everyone else lacks (insert BS here) and the world was doomed.
The worst ever seen, huh? Is 2.8 million figure from the Burea of labor?
Old 04-14-2011, 11:56 AM
dracy69
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: ArcticCatRider

ORIGINAL: dracy69

Savage 25
MT2 18SS
RS4 3 18SS
HB E-zilla
Savage X
Baja 5B RTR
Baja 5B SS
Baja 5T

The worst ever seen, huh? Is 2.8 million figure from the Burea of labor?

Yes
[link]http://www.epi.org/publications/entry/even_fewer_jobs_openings_in_this_recovery_than_in_ that_following_the_2001_r/[/link]
Old 04-14-2011, 12:09 PM
ArcticCatRider

Ok. Usually, when I hear phrases like "worst ever," I take into consideration epochs other than my own lifetime. Seeing as I'm 27, I'd be selling a lot of others short to do anything otherwise.
Old 04-14-2011, 12:18 PM
EradRustler

ORIGINAL: plasma 327

ORIGINAL: proanti1

Way too many...
NEVER TO MANY if RC is what you enjoy.. Would you agree?

i agree there is no such thing as too many i have 7 now and looking for a good platform to build a custom street racing monster truck off of, i dont know what to use yet but i love taking a standard truck and completely overhauling it and making it more power than it knows what to do with i saw an ad for an electric rcx monster truck for 129 bucks and was considering a castle conversion, however being that i do not know much about them i am hestiant to do this because I worry that getting parts for it after I smash it up will be a problem. of course the option always exists to build a custom savage with a mamba xl system as well so we will have to see

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.