Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

You think the Schumacher fusion .28 would be hard

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

You think the Schumacher fusion .28 would be hard

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2011, 07:51 AM
nitroholic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default You think the Schumacher fusion .28 would be hard

to find parts for? I wonder if it's a good r/c car.
Old 06-26-2011, 11:35 AM
djyjrlz

Default RE: You think the Schumacher fusion .28 would be hard

apparently they are really good cars but the spares availability in the states is very bad. but having seen one in person it is incredibly well designed and made.
Old 06-26-2011, 09:19 PM
cumquat

i imagine amain would have parts in stock, after all they do sell them.
Old 06-27-2011, 12:44 AM
tommygun32

Amain shows parts for Cat SX2, Cougar SV, Mi1 & Mi4.

Don't know if any of these are the same as the Fusion though.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/index.ph...rts-Schumacher

Find a Schumacher Dealer near you here: http://www.racing-cars.com/scp/Dealers/USA.html

Good luck.
Old 06-27-2011, 04:55 AM
proanti1
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

As of like 2008, Shumacher stopped shipping parts and cars to America. Basically the only places you can find them is Ebay and any store selling older stock. Some stores do carry the new cars, but its just not worth buying one.
Old 12-18-2015, 08:22 PM
AllModesR/C

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

There is somebody selling a new Schumacher Fusion 21 in my area. I compared the pic to Schumacher's website and have some concerns. First off it appears the car is missing the front bumper and body mounting posts. Then the fuel lines are metal not silicon. Did it come like this from the factory or did the owner do it? Would it be worth to buy this car or would it just be a huge headache to get set up?

http://chicago.craigslist.org/wcl/tls/5337036886.html
Old 12-19-2015, 07:48 AM
Anthoop

Originally Posted by AllModesR/C
There is somebody selling a new Schumacher Fusion 21 in my area. I compared the pic to Schumacher's website and have some concerns. First off it appears the car is missing the front bumper and body mounting posts. Then the fuel lines are metal not silicon. Did it come like this from the factory or did the owner do it? Would it be worth to buy this car or would it just be a huge headache to get set up?

http://chicago.craigslist.org/wcl/tls/5337036886.html
It did not come like that...but it is easy to fix.....and it does look unused...the choice to buy is up to you...the Fusion is faster than you and it can handle....it will need parts often and crash it and the bill will be large....fast and fun without a doubt....parts still available...
Old 12-19-2015, 02:58 PM
AllModesR/C

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

Thanks Anthoop. What parts generally break on these? I had a Himoto Rapida nitro touring car once and when it ran it was great but I had major reliability issues with it. The engine keep sliding over and not making contact with the transmission gear, the transmission gears would grind down, and the transmission only shifted into second gear once during the time I had it. Do these cars have similar issues?

Last edited by AllModesR/C; 12-19-2015 at 03:08 PM.
Old 12-21-2015, 07:06 AM
Anthoop

Originally Posted by AllModesR/C
Thanks Anthoop. What parts generally break on these? I had a Himoto Rapida nitro touring car once and when it ran it was great but I had major reliability issues with it. The engine keep sliding over and not making contact with the transmission gear, the transmission gears would grind down, and the transmission only shifted into second gear once during the time I had it. Do these cars have similar issues?
If the gears are not lined up properly then it will strip them..true for any car really but as it is three speed it can be a bit more fiddly getting it all aligned.

Also there is no screw to adjust shift points....it can be done though very time consuming.
The clutch is poor and you probably will never find any upgrades now.
It does not handle all that well and the ball diffs require constant maintenance.
The standard bearings throughout are poor quality....the engine is nice and easy to tune and run though.