Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

help me choose a nitro for $400

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2012, 01:04 AM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: help me choose a nitro for $400

The RC8T CE is the newest version. And yeah, the RTR is discontinued. The CE is quite different - new shock towers, forward battery trax, new body, wing, tuning parts, etc..

And no, you can't sensibly run an SC8 body on a truggy. A truggy has a wing, the SC needs different shock-towers with different body mounts, etc...

If you want an SC, it has to be an SC8. Or maybe the Traxxas Slayer or whatever their SC nitro model is.. But you'd be crazy to take a Traxxas over the Associated.

Again - what do you want to do? Jump, flips, etc..? Truggy... Jump, flips, wheelies, etc..? MT... Track only pretty much? Buggy... Street, offroad, track - but not great for jumping, no wheelies, cool looking? SC8....

If you want something for all around bashing, but don't want to ever run on a track, just get a Savage X 4.6... If you want the premium MT that costs more but is well worth it, Losi XXL...

You should also probably take a look at the Losi Ten-T...

There are a lot of good RC's out there.. You kind of have to decide/know what you want to do, where you want to run, etc... Cuz otherwise you have about 50 RC's to choose from....
Old 01-21-2012, 07:35 PM
The_Shark

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: help me choose a nitro for $400

just to add this.

traxxas is a RIP OFF.

i own a T-maxx original, loves the truck, but i got it for $75.