Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

Looking for a new RC car on a budget.

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Looking for a new RC car on a budget.

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2012, 09:28 PM
cummins driver
My Feedback: (31)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Looking for a new RC car on a budget.

The buggies are definately screamers with a race engine I just dont think a stock engine will pull that fast due to the lack of RPM's, however it wont be slow by any means and the buggies can be driven much more agressively than you can even think about driving a jato just because they handle so much better and put the power to the ground a lot nicer.
Old 02-07-2012, 09:43 PM
kbailey45
My Feedback: (41)

I watched a video on the Slayer and noticed it likes to roll over very easy. I went ahead and bit the bullet and ordered the Jato just now. I also ordered the RPM arms front and back Shock towers front and back top chassis plate and squat blocks. What fuel do you guys recommend for the Traxxas motors. I will get it at the hobby shop.
Old 02-07-2012, 10:08 PM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

1/8 buggy for sure.. More potential, toughest, lots of engine options for later, down the road, etc...
Old 02-08-2012, 05:04 AM
cummins driver

You will enjoy it. Byrons, O'Donnell, etc in 20-30% will do fine for fuel [8D]
Old 02-08-2012, 06:09 AM
kbailey45
My Feedback: (41)

I like odonnel fuel I use it in my glow planes. So is it not a big deal if you don't use the Traxxas fuel?
Old 02-08-2012, 06:36 AM
cummins driver

Traxxas fuel is not very good IMO. Most people dont like it, and I didnt really like it when i tried it either. It will work, but if you have access to odonell or something like that, I would use it instead. I swich between byron and o'donnell depending on where i get my fuel and they both work well for me.
Old 02-08-2012, 08:39 AM
quietnas1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: kbailey45

I like odonnel fuel I use it in my glow planes. So is it not a big deal if you don't use the Traxxas fuel?
Great choice on the Jato. Stay away from the Traxxas fuel. Complete garbage in my opinion. It has way to much oil content and keeps the engine running hot. I use Maxy's 30%. If you can't find it then Byrons, or O'Donells is great fuel also.
Old 02-08-2012, 08:40 AM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: cummins driver

Traxxas fuel is not very good IMO. Most people dont like it, and I didnt really like it when i tried it either. It will work, but if you have access to odonell or something like that, I would use it instead. I swich between byron and o'donnell depending on where i get my fuel and they both work well for me.
ditto on the traxxas I used it originally cause the one Hobby Shop I went to at 1st ONLY sold it, and claimed it was the best stuff(stopped going there after they gave me incredibly bad advise the next trip,and they basically said "we know nothing about nitro").
To be blunt the traxxas fuel IMO has way too much oil. And I found the engines were a tad hard to tune, and would bog down at random (due to oil buildup in the pipe...). Also my bodies I had to spend 5 minutes after each run cleaning the oil that was dripping off of them.
I tried O'donnell after and the problem went away, and barely any oil comes out of the pipe after the run, and my bodies barely get oil on them now.