Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2002, 11:18 PM
CoolDude

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie

Hey, everyone!
I'm "kinda" new to the rc carz hobbie and wanna know more.
Well, what car should I buy first. I'm thinking about a 220 bucks nitro street car. U think it's a good deal? I don't wanna get an electric car!
Old 04-21-2002, 12:31 AM
pilothyer
My Feedback: (1)

Default Newbie

cooldude.......it's always good to hear about a new person who is interested in nitro cars, trucks. etc.....A great place to learn more is www.nitroreview.com You can look at most all nitro kits on the market, as well as read the reviews on them.......another thing is you can read reviews from owners of these vehicles.....good or bad.......As for your question about your (good deal) it would help to know what you are looking at, and it's overall condition....even if it is new prices will vary fom dealer to dealer....let us know what it is you are looking into.............good luck in your new hobby
Old 04-21-2002, 01:45 AM
JohnVH
My Feedback: (38)

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Newbie

You will have alot of fun with anything! We take our RC10GT's and zip tie the suspension up so they are about 1/4" off the ground, put slicks or foams on them and circle race them on road!! Lots of fun!
Old 04-27-2002, 02:00 AM
CoolDude

Default Thanks

Thanks, guys! I'm looking for a street car... I guess. I don't wanna spend a lot of money on it either. However, a gas one would be nice. Is it possible to get a street car and make a truck out of it? The dealers near me a colpar hobbies, but I think it's a CO only store, and Hobbytown USA. One more question, is it hard to race and do you have to have lots of experianca and stuff? I'm moving to NM this summer. AAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!! There isn't gnna be a hobbie store around for 1000 mi. No racetacks either... I think.
Attached Images