Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

TLR Losi 22 buggy build shots. 30 pics...

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

TLR Losi 22 buggy build shots. 30 pics...

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2012, 07:36 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default TLR Losi 22 buggy build shots. 30 pics...

I started this build doing a serious build up, taking loads of photos, but then I got to a point in the build where I wanted to look online to see what others had done, and I suddenly realised how many build threads and setup threads there were for this car, so I just took a few after that. I'll post em all anyway, enjoy...

Still, I did manage quite a feat, that is a Mamba Max Pro in there, without the fan. An esc which is supposed not to fit in the car. With some creative soldering and cable routing, I not only got it in there, I also got my BEC in, and the body rests on the posts, I don't even have to press it down, it's a thing of beauty. The way the wiring is done in this is something I'm really proud of.

Old 08-08-2012, 07:42 AM
Foxy

Default RE: TLR Losi 22 buggy build shots. 30 pics...

Hm, apparently 3 dashes ina filename isn't allowed on RCU. :/

Pics uploading again now, won't be a sec.
Old 08-08-2012, 08:27 AM
FahrtAutoRC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice! Might I ask your reasoning for motor position?
Old 08-08-2012, 09:39 AM
Foxy

More traditional, doesn't require the use of saddle packs and finally, recommended for our track layout.
Old 08-08-2012, 09:40 AM
Foxy

Couple of finished shots...

Might get some more in the sunlight tomorrow, that neon red came out REALLY neon.
Old 08-08-2012, 09:46 AM
Eman77

Nice pics! I really appreciate looking at solid quality pics in a build thread, it makes a world of difference.

What made you decide to get the 22, anyway? Wanted a 1/10 2WD buggy, and you're a Losi fan? I'm wondering if other companies appealed to you, like Associated or Schumacher.
Old 08-08-2012, 10:01 AM
Foxy

Actually, I was after a 2wd short course, I had gone to the shop with the intentino of picking up a Blitz ESE, but he had run out. I asked what else gets a regular race at the moment, and he said 2wd buggy, so I took his last losi. It's a nice car, nice innovations, I'm no losi fan particularly, but thsi is a great car. I relished the challenge of getting the top kit working in it, the MMP and the savox servo that needs a bec, and it worked out really nicely. By far the most difficult build I've ever done, not because of complexity or bad instructions or anything, simply the fact that everything had to be carefully planned as it went together to get wire routing right, I resoldered and created new cables for almost all the wires in the car, everything is literally made to measure. I think it really paid off.
Old 08-08-2012, 10:08 AM
savagecommander

you can run mid motor without saddle packs. i did on mine. the car handled worse though, because of all the "pro's" asking/telling/ranting/advicing about how the car should be set up. mind you, im not a "professional" racer, cheap tires, and i was less than half a second off the "pole"..... then they allowed boost in the 17.5 class and that ruined it for me.
Old 08-08-2012, 10:13 AM
Eman77

ORIGINAL: Foxy

Actually, I was after a 2wd short course, I had gone to the shop with the intentino of picking up a Blitz ESE, but he had run out. I asked what else gets a regular race at the moment, and he said 2wd buggy, so I took his last losi. It's a nice car, nice innovations, I'm no losi fan particularly, but thsi is a great car. I relished the challenge of getting the top kit working in it, the MMP and the savox servo that needs a bec, and it worked out really nicely. By far the most difficult build I've ever done, not because of complexity or bad instructions or anything, simply the fact that everything had to be carefully planned as it went together to get wire routing right. Eventually all that shoehorning paid off.
Impluse buy! Nice.

For me, I always agonize of the electronics placement for reasons like that - to be sure the wiring is as neat as possible, things are routed properly, etc. I'll sit and stare at the empty chassis for far too long before finally installing the electronics. I'm weird like that.
Old 08-08-2012, 10:21 AM
FahrtAutoRC

Well it is a fine looking buggy! As far as 2wd 1/10 goes it would definitely be either this or the Schumacher for me, but our outdoor track is a bit on the rough side for 2wd and the closest indoor track is trolled by some people I personally can't stand. My next buy, in the distant future, will be a 1/8 nitro truggy
Old 08-08-2012, 10:49 AM
Foxy

ORIGINAL: savagecommander

you can run mid motor without saddle packs. i did on mine. the car handled worse though, because of all the ''pro's'' asking/telling/ranting/advicing about how the car should be set up. mind you, im not a ''professional'' racer, cheap tires, and i was less than half a second off the ''pole''..... then they allowed boost in the 17.5 class and that ruined it for me.
I hear you man, that's why I flat out ignored everyone and built it according to losi's instructions, shock bladders intact and all, I know how to tune and I can make my own way from there. Too many 'experts' down at the track.
Old 08-08-2012, 11:06 AM
savagecommander

on your side of the date line mid motor is how they go. all the yanks over here couldnt grasp the concept. i dropped in a B4 diff in mine though, i HATE ball diffs.
Old 08-08-2012, 11:20 AM
cumminspower5.9
My Feedback: (4)

Nice looking buggy Foxy. I was looking at that when amainhobbies was giving one away a few months ago. I don't race at all, but I think it would be a nice piece to add to the collection, hell if it was free from amain, why not? lol.. cool build tho. Love the sleek look. what would that kit run is US dollars?
Old 08-08-2012, 11:26 AM
Foxy

With everything I have in it apart from tx/rx about 600 plus tires.
Old 08-08-2012, 12:01 PM
cumminspower5.9

Whoah... A little out of my price range by a couple hundred bucks lol. I bet it's worth it though. It looks to be very well designed.

Old 08-08-2012, 06:12 PM
thehuntingterminator

Nice man. Looks great. Those 22s are some of the best looking RCs currently on the market, and I'm no 2wd buggy fan either. May I ask why you chose to use a Mamba Max Pro instead of a Tekin RS or something smaller like that?
Old 08-08-2012, 10:49 PM
Foxy

Everything in this car was lying around at the house, that was the only motivation for using this stuff. I could have saved myself a load of trouble using a different servo and esc, but instead I saved a load of money using what I already had.
Old 08-08-2012, 10:52 PM
TheKennyKiller
Banned

ORIGINAL: Foxy

Everything in this car was lying around at the house, that was the only motivation for using this stuff. I could have saved myself a load of trouble using a different servo and esc, but instead I saved a load of money using what I already had.
lol @ saving money
Old 08-09-2012, 03:46 AM
Foxy

Here's another in the sun...

Old 08-09-2012, 04:34 AM
cumminspower5.9

That is one sexy looking buggy. I would be afraid to get that dirty! lol
Old 08-09-2012, 05:06 AM
Foxy

Apparently our off road track is pretty hard on cars. (gulp). I'm not looking forward to its first band aid, as you say it's a real beauty, thanks
Old 08-09-2012, 05:15 AM
cumminspower5.9

Well hopefully it will prove to be a durable buggy. With the low CG it should be pretty stable on the track. Just watch out for the other racers! lol