Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Please stop me from buying a D8T....

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2012, 10:31 AM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Please stop me from buying a D8T....

I store my RC's mounted up on old big MT wheels/tires I don't use anymore(from a HB Lightning GT)..
Old 10-02-2012, 10:34 AM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: Eman77

ORIGINAL: JohnP2

My understanding is that the dish wheel also deters dirt/mud from caking on the spoke wheels.
Caked dirt/mud on spoked wheels still looks better than clean dish wheels.

Yeah, yeah, I get the durability thing. I don't race, and have never cracked a wheel, so I'd rather go with the non-ugly solution.

Like I said, YOU'LL NEVER CONVERT ME! AAAAARGH!!

(sorry, got carried away there)
well in my truggies case to use spokes I'd have to get an axle extender cause the crt x1 uses half offset wheels, and hell I had a hard enough time finding those in black. My savages use spokes(I do expect the ones on my flux to shatter from a decent impact though as I read that rim from hotbodies can be fragile that I got)
my electric 1/8th buggy uses spokes thought, as well do the majority of my 1/10ths (my pede 4X4 uses dish cause I paid $10 for the set with tires )
Old 10-02-2012, 10:37 AM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The JConcepts Rulux rims were awesome.. I don't care about rims that much. Tires are more important.. Used to not like that my LST2 had dish wheels. Couldn't care less now. As long as they don't break, and the tires are good...
Old 10-02-2012, 11:29 AM
cumquat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: SyCo_VeNoM

ORIGINAL: Haddi Taha

why do we hang rc cars again?

I would love to have a cnc mill and lathe and all of the other metal/delrin cutting stuff. I would make my own rc cars and build em like tanks.

Storage, and to keep the tires from developing flat spots in the foams and what not.
Personally I use boxes I had parts shipped in under the middle as I don't have a lot of wall space.

and yup would love a CNC machine or even 1/10th the proper tools I could probably make some interesting things(just don't have the room for them).
you'd be surprised how much milling can be done with a dremel and what kind of lathe work can be done with a drill. not saying they'll be as good as the actual tools, just that you can actually get the same functioning parts. i have the opisite problem, i have the space and skills (i think) but i lack the funds! if i stopped buying useless crap and saved up for a couple months, i could buy a decent inexpensive mill, but i just have to have that crap
Old 10-02-2012, 11:36 AM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: cumquat

ORIGINAL: SyCo_VeNoM

ORIGINAL: Haddi Taha

why do we hang rc cars again?

I would love to have a cnc mill and lathe and all of the other metal/delrin cutting stuff. I would make my own rc cars and build em like tanks.

Storage, and to keep the tires from developing flat spots in the foams and what not.
Personally I use boxes I had parts shipped in under the middle as I don't have a lot of wall space.

and yup would love a CNC machine or even 1/10th the proper tools I could probably make some interesting things(just don't have the room for them).
you'd be surprised how much milling can be done with a dremel and what kind of lathe work can be done with a drill. not saying they'll be as good as the actual tools, just that you can actually get the same functioning parts. i have the opisite problem, i have the space and skills (i think) but i lack the funds! if i stopped buying useless crap and saved up for a couple months, i could buy a decent inexpensive mill, but i just have to have that crap
ohh I know what can be done I've made chassis's but honestly it would probably look way better, and be easier with the actual tools
Old 10-02-2012, 01:44 PM
cumquat

doing something the right way because it's easier is the cheaters way
Old 10-02-2012, 08:17 PM
SLAYERDUDE

Another tip with the D8T, ALWAYS store it hung up or off the suspension with the chassis sitting on old MT wheels or wood blocks, the shocks will cause the arms to sag over time if stored on the wheels.
I thought this was crap until I let mine sit on the wheels all winter and forgot about it.
My arms got sagged out, not too big of an issue but something to remember.