Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

Need help with identification-missing radio

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Need help with identification-missing radio

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2012, 06:56 AM
user1290434

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help with identification-missing radio

I'm a first-time poster here, my last RC experience comes from my childhood, which has sadly ended too long ago. I still have my ancient Nikko Hilux, but haven't used it in a long time (don't know if it even still works). As it is, I'm a complete beginner and have basically no clue.

Anyway, last week by complete coincidence I stumbled across the flawed-wares-discount basket in my local supermarket (otherwise wouldn't even have gotten an RC model again as I have plenty of other things to keep my occupied) and went away as the new owner of several RC cars, among them a Nikko Brute, Nikko Firerunner and an unidentified buggy, which were bought for literally small change (four cars together less than 10$ brand new) because they're missing transmitters (were probably exhibits to showcase the models and the transmitters got lost by the staff).

Anyway, I need help with identifying the buggy to know what transmitter to buy (would welcome suggestions about that as well). It's about 50cm long (haven't measured it) and as you can see some plastic poles stick through the (thin) plastic bodywork that is held down with a plastic washer or something. As said I'm a complete beginner at this and have no clue.

Also, I would very much appreciate some suggestions about how to resolve the missing-transmitter issue.The sticker says 40Mhz. Do I need to buy a set of transmitter/receiver or are there universal transmitters out there that won't cost an arm and a leg. I paid very little for these cars and don't want to throw too much money into them as I won't be racing them or anything (if they're even good enough), just an occasional trip back into childhood.

If I made any mistake or broke some rule in this post, please let me know and I'll try to fix it.

Thank you in advance.
Old 10-16-2012, 09:31 AM
narwalrus
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Need help with identification-missing radio

40mhz is certainly relevant. Unfortunately, looking for a universal hobby grade transmitter, while sheap, would involve lots of guesswork as there is no way to determine which channels the manufacturer put in place. I assume that nikko, among its 40mhz cars, used a similar system. I would look for a new or used complete vehicle denoted as 40mhz on EBay or a simiar site and go from there.