Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

Which member's advice do you respect?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Which member's advice do you respect?

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2012, 07:42 AM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Which member's advice do you respect?

ORIGINAL: Sigma.40

Coincidently, there's a VW forum I check periodically and I just saw that TBJ posted on it on 11-02-2012. Well at least he's not dead ! Funny, he doesn't write in third person on other forums.

actually he didn't here either for a time as once someone necrod an old post, and I was like WHAT THE.... HE'S TALKING NORMAL
Old 11-07-2012, 02:39 PM
phmaximus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I respect the Traxxas Critics the most........especially the ones that have no experance with traxxas. man I cant even type that with a straight face [&:]
Old 11-07-2012, 04:06 PM
GallopingGhostler

Received 80 Likes on 63 Posts

FahrtAutoRC: I respect all of the ''older'' members opinions. Many of us can give good advice in different areas.
True, and we can also "fertilize" the forums, IYKWIM.

Actually, there is quite a community of younger but experientially knowledgeable people who share their ideas, how they solved problems. I learn a lot from these modelers.
Old 11-07-2012, 06:39 PM
FahrtAutoRC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not older meaning age-wise, dude. I'd say 95% of the people who show up here are looking for advice with no experience, and they don't tend to stick around long after getting what they want. The guys who usually frequent these forums more often are the ones the best advice and information comes from. Usually. If there is something I don't know personally, I can expect Foxy, Syco, Sigma, and a few others to be on it, knowledgable, and accurate. I've personally never had a new member jump on and answer my query, or anyone elses with much useful info. But of course that is just my experience. Without the "older" or, for your sake, "longer-running members" here, it would fall apart pretty quick. It'd pretty much leave a handful of Trx noobs, a whiny Aussie and needy nitro noob or two, and that would be the extent of the pro shop assistance. *cringes*

On a side note, I do miss TBJ too yall, when he wasn't busy stirring up arguments he was very knowledgable in some areas, not to mention I haven't heard a 1994 Paseo joke since he left :/

ORIGINAL: GallopingGhostler

FahrtAutoRC: I respect all of the ''older'' members opinions. Many of us can give good advice in different areas.
True, and we can also "fertilize" the forums, IYKWIM.

Actually, there is quite a community of younger but experientially knowledgeable people who share their ideas, how they solved problems. I learn a lot from these modelers.
Old 11-07-2012, 07:17 PM
collector1231
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: BKoz559

ORIGINAL: collector1231

Aww, what about me? I answer questions good.
If you nominate me then I'll nominate you.

I nominate BKoz559! He's been helpful to all of my questions and sounds very wise.
Old 11-07-2012, 07:44 PM
GallopingGhostler

Received 80 Likes on 63 Posts

FahrtAutoRC: Usually. If there is something I don't know personally, I can expect Foxy, Syco, Sigma, and a few others to be on it, knowledgable, and accurate. [...] Without the ''older'' or, for your sake, ''longer-running members'' here, it would fall apart pretty quick. It'd pretty much leave a handful of Trx noobs, a whiny Aussie and needy nitro noob or two, and that would be the extent of the pro shop assistance. *cringes*
Yes, I concur. I was being a little facetious in my first statement.