Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Cyber Monday

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2012, 05:46 PM
JohnP2

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Cyber Monday

So today I got the following:

HB D8T kit
OS .25xz (for D8T)
Servos HS-7950MG,HS-5625MG(for D8T)
Proline Bulldog D8T body
Mugen MBX6r kit
Losi 8ight 2.0

That is quite a purchase, I know.

I've decidedI will keep the Mugen for myself. Consequently,I bought my 12-year old son the TLR 8ight 2.0.This seems like a good buggy to get him started into racing. We made the deal whatever buggy he got he would have to build/maintain 100% so this might bea little easier on him, and allow him to focus on setup/racing, and less on building(although he WILLbe helping me with the D8T and MBX6r builds). Next year he'll build his own kit when he is 13.

I don't plan on building the Mugen until spring. Instead, I'll focus on the D8T (baby steps) and will race that while my son races his 8ight 2.0. I'm sure we'll swap out a little, but that is us for the next 4-6 months.

Thanks!

Old 11-26-2012, 05:53 PM
echthelion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Cyber Monday

i envy you[X(]

Old 11-26-2012, 06:14 PM
JohnP2

Total bill (after Cyber Monday savings) was really only like $1,700.00

I say "only" but for what I got...that's pretty damn good. Of course now I just have to intercept the UPS guy from my wife as she will have a sh*t-fit if she knew the total amount.

Old 11-26-2012, 06:23 PM
nitroexpress

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow. You're going to have some building to do. If you don't have one, considersomething like this for all those screws.

Old 11-26-2012, 06:55 PM
yakfish
My Feedback: (27)

I think you need to adopt me as a second son! That is one lucky kid you got there. Sounds like your going to have some fun too!
Old 11-26-2012, 07:03 PM
JohnP2

ORIGINAL: nitroexpress

Wow. You're going to have some building to do. If you don't have one, considersomething like this for all those screws.
I've considered those. I am a bit nervous about the build(s). I've read where folks do them in a "few hours", but for the D8T, that is how I'll be spending my X-Mas vacation(two weeks).It will beat my new house, in my new workshop - so yeah, I'm pumped as hell about it. I definitely plan on taking my sweet time with it.

My concern is that I know I will hit a few snags - although I'm confident in the support systemI havein forums such as this/ However, any imperfections I see in the end results, I'll know it was on me. To-date I've taken my buggies completely apart and put them back together enough times to where I feel I have a grasp on "how buggies work", but as anything new, I'm sure there will be a learning curve.

Any generic advice on things to be aware of during a build (especially your fist) if dually appreciated,
Old 11-26-2012, 07:33 PM
echthelion

what remote did you end up going with?
Old 11-26-2012, 08:09 PM
JohnP2

ORIGINAL: echthelion

what remote did you end up going with?
I've not selected on yet. Considering the Airtronics MX-Sport.
Old 11-26-2012, 08:18 PM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The Airtronics MX-V is much, much nicer.. I got the Sport, but then got the MX-V - so much smoother - looking and feeling..

For the build, just take your time and follow the instructions.
Old 11-26-2012, 10:51 PM
PrjctStrtFrce
My Feedback: (10)

Dab some blue thread lock on ALL metal/metal screws. If you use any type of electric driver, then make sure not to over torque and/or strip the screws. Put a few drops of after-run oil in the motor prior to starting it up. And like a few have said, just follow the instructions and take your time.
Old 11-26-2012, 11:27 PM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm a BIG fan of my mini Bosch Ixo.. I highly recommend it - with 2.0 and 2.5mm tips.. For my LST2 Losis I need 1/16 and 3/32..

Do not underestimate the value of good tools.. A mini electric screwdriver will make your life so much easier....
Old 11-28-2012, 06:48 AM
PrjctStrtFrce
My Feedback: (10)

I just feather the throttle on my Dewalt impact driver. Light weight, lithium powered, and 20v... [8D]
Old 11-28-2012, 09:52 AM
Ttowntoolman

You are going to LOVE that engine, I know I do! It is by far my favorite engine ever.......including my modded ones.