Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

8 port Hyper .21 success story!

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2003, 09:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 8 port Hyper .21 success story!

Well, we've all heard horror stories about the Ofna 8 port Hyper .21 and how tough they are to break in. When I first got my Hyper 7 PBS a few months back I wore my hands out to the point where I had bandages on all my fingers because of the blisters.

To make a long story short, my brother in law (RollinRush on RCU) finally got his PBS yesterday and I went over to help him break it in. From the time we got it on the bench to the time we finished the third break in tank was about 45 minutes!! I learned ALOT about the 8 port during my break which made getting his started a breeze. We were prepared to sit in the garage and sweat it out all night if necessary however this proved to be one of the easier break in's I've attempted.

If you follow a few key steps when breaking in an 8 port, you can get it running just as easy as any other engine.
Old 09-14-2003, 09:16 PM
My Feedback: (5)

Default RE: 8 port Hyper .21 success story!

Dagass I have a question

Have you had any problems with the 8 ports carb lately??
Old 09-14-2003, 09:22 PM

My 8 Port has been absolutely problem free to this point (knock on wood). What problems are you having with yours?
Old 09-14-2003, 09:45 PM
My Feedback: (5)

I dont have a 8 port, I have just heard alot of complaints about the carb not holding a tune and what not. Anyways I have decided to get a starter box and a o.s. .21 rg for my new mbx r2. The RG sports has 35,000 rpm and 2 hp which is dang good considering that its only 110 bucks.
Old 09-14-2003, 09:51 PM

I've read that in some cases that people had problems with their carb on the 8 port. Personally, I like the plastic carb because it helps disapate heat faster and makes mid run re-starts much easier. All in all, I really like the 8 port! It has a boatload of HP and holds a tune very well.

The O.S. .21 RG is also supposed to be a good engine. I've read that alot of people really like it because it has a ton of power down low in the RPM range. It's a great TORQUE engine. I would be perfectly happy with either!
Old 09-15-2003, 05:54 AM
My Feedback: (2)

Is the Hyper .21 the same engine as the Force .21 ? We don't have "Ofna" in Australia, as such. Most of their products are marketed here under the Hong Nor banner and their favourite powerplant seems to be the Force engines.

The same goes for my Ming Yang Sacker Pro (I think that's a Hot Bodies Lightning in the USA). Mine came with a Force .21 8-port and boost bottle as standard. Pretty average break-in with no major problems, but talk about gobs of power. This is a mighty powerful engine and easily matches the few Nova Rossi and RB Concept engines at my local club [8D]