Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Upgrades/After market

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2013, 01:45 PM
isey78

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Upgrades/After market

Hi all

Iam interested in putting monster truck wheels on my evader ext2 and maybe "jacking up" the back end just for looks. Ionly drive the car for fun, nothing serious. Idon't see anything like "monster truck" tires under the part listing for evader ext2's so my question is how would tell if (just for example) a set of "1/10 monster bigfoot car truck tires" will fit my evader? Or to keep it even simpler, what if Ijust want a different bodies style (it comes in 4 colors, but all the same "style")...or what if Ijust want to install a bumper which doesn't seem to be listed under the part sections for my evader either? I'm having trouble in general finding out how to tell what parts are compatible w/ my evader. Its my first car, lots of fun stock, don't get me wrong, but Iwant to play around with the look of it just for fun as well.

Thanks for any advice.

Old 01-21-2013, 06:18 PM
phmaximus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Upgrades/After market

hummmm 2wd stadium truck are a tuff one....

I dont know really anything about the evader, but i would assume its very simular to a rustler dimension wise.
I think the Evader runs standard 12mm wheels hubs/hex's so u should be able to fit any 12mm hub'd monster truck wheels, just watch out for negative offset wheels, somtrimes they catch on the steering links or suspension arms.

The biggest problem with stadium trucks is there is not manny diffrent body options. the 1/10 touring car and monster truck bodies are too short.
The 1/10 crawler & SCT bodies are to long. aswell as that the big monster truck bodies for the revos & savages are to long too.

Ive had some luck with a rustler I litteraly cut 2 chassis in 3/7th so im left with 1 long front, 1 long rear, 1 short front and 1 short rear) then I joined the long front and long rear together to make a longer chassis. then i was able to run a savage body

Here u can see the brackets that join the chassis, Very easy mod, the hardest part is cutting.... but even then its only plastic lol

Old 01-22-2013, 01:43 PM
isey78

Idid a little research and found this on eBay...

This is a Pair of White Rear Wheels.

Fits:
Duratrax Evader EXT2
Duratrax Evader EXT

Specifications:
Total outer diameter: 61.4mm (2.42")
Tire bead diameter: 56.5mm (2.23")
Width: 50mm (1.98")
Axle hole size: 3/16"

Note:
This wheel fixes directly to the axle pin. It does not use a 12mm hex drive.

Then I started reading about the 12mm hex you mention and Isee there are adapters....buuuuut I don't see an adapter like that for the Evader. Ishould have mention before I'm a new enthusiast....the evader is my first hobby RC.

Is it possible to just buy a set of monster truck tires online and put them on the evader rims?

That car you have post is sick sick sick! Ilove it

Thanks again
Old 01-22-2013, 02:02 PM
Ttowntoolman

Yes tough to do. I think a good option is buying the evader wheels and getting bigger tires to fit them, good plan, at least we know they will fit the truck.

I have done this with an associated T-3, I got 2.2 rock lizzard tires for my associated wheels and strapped them on. Great ground clearance and it looks killer. Be aware that a gear change may be in your future if you change tire diameter too much. Simple change.
Old 01-22-2013, 09:07 PM
phmaximus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sorry bud, I disagree.

I would recomend converting to 12mm hubs, it will work out cheaper in the long run. And it opens up so many more wheel tyre possibilitys.

This looks interesting
http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...wright-up.html
Old 01-23-2013, 06:00 AM
isey78

Ihave seen that thread where he does the "hex method" and there is another one HERE (where he does the tire-swap method). He also has a truck body! These are good examples of what I am talking about though in the OP...Idon't get how that guy (in phmaximus' link) knew all those parts would fit an evader?

I think personally also would like to go w/ the hex method to making customizing easier in the future. Iagree w/ you toolman that it would be difficult using the tire-swap, and being a novice i want it to be as simple as possible for now lol.

I'm going to try and find something more specific with the hex conversion for now....then I'm going to find me one of those charger bodies

Old 01-23-2013, 09:45 AM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: isey78

I have seen that thread where he does the ''hex method'' and there is another one HERE (where he does the tire-swap method). He also has a truck body! These are good examples of what I am talking about though in the OP...I don't get how that guy (in phmaximus' link) knew all those parts would fit an evader?

I think personally also would like to go w/ the hex method to making customizing easier in the future. I agree w/ you toolman that it would be difficult using the tire-swap, and being a novice i want it to be as simple as possible for now lol.

I'm going to try and find something more specific with the hex conversion for now....then I'm going to find me one of those charger bodies [img][/img]

thats an HPI body for a savage
they also do cuda, and hearse bodies with the engine sticking through that look pretty badass
Old 01-23-2013, 07:57 PM
DieHarder

I have owned my Evader for 4 years now. I have done everything to it. (In my models, you can see the upgrades) First of all, get these. http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXBVEH&P=7 Then you can pretty much choose any 2.2" wheels and 2.2" tires. Wheels: http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...AdvancedSearch Tires: http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...AdvancedSearch
And then for a bumper, this one will mount right on. http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXZMZ1&P=7 Also any evader body will work. All except the EXB. But the DT, EXT, EXT2, Brushless, and ST bodies will fit. http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...Body&search=Go To jack up the rear end, you can either adjust the shock's tension with the little finger nut on the top of the shock body, or if that isn't enough, you can get a pair of longer shocks. I think that answers just about all of your questions. Also, there is a thread made just for these Evaders that has been very popular. You can post any question you have there. Here's a link. http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_10...m.htm#11195734 Now be sure to visit!
Old 01-24-2013, 07:48 AM
isey78

Ilooked all day yesterday for "hex adapters" and for some reason couldn't find these things (or moreso I didn't really know what I was looking for). Ithink I'll try the cheapo for now and if Ihave problems I'll go aluminum.

I did stumble across THIS website while researching...it's a nice read for evader owners. He mentions a SITE with some nice bumpers but Ilike yours because they're cheaper! Iknow this is a bad hobby for a cheap sake right?

As for the bodies I was still hoping for something more muscle-car-like but Ican settle with a DTbody for now Ithink at least now Iknow they'll fit!

Thanks again everyone, I appreciate all the advice. I have a lot of work to do Isee lol.

Old 01-27-2013, 06:45 PM
DieHarder

That'll work.