Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Is this the right desicion?

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2013, 05:29 PM
JohnP2

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Is this the right desicion?

I would like your thoughts on something I've gone back and forth with....

I purchased a D8T and Mugen MBX6R roughly at the same time. I've built the D8T and am working out the kinks, but the Mugen remains in the box.

My thinking is keep the Mugen in the box, and focus on the D8T. I say this as it will be the first vehicle I race with, and am learning that there is a lot that goes into building a kit/maintaining it so it's "race-ready". In talking with folks at my track, most of them tear their vehicles down after each race and rebuild it, and for better or worse I can see me falling into that category.

So...the question is:

1. Should I focus soley on the D8T, learn to race it, become the best I can with it, etc. Then, build the Mugen a few months from now once I learn the track and determine the best equipment to get it, etc.
or....
2. Should I go ahead and build the Mugen and spread the love equally, and learn as I go on both the truggy and buggy?

Thanks!

Old 02-01-2013, 06:36 PM
phmaximus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Is this the right desicion?

If it was me I can't leave things in boxes, it would on been built that night... Lol

Well I don't thing building it will take any focus away from ur D8T, but it will improve ur building skills and general knowledge.
So why not, go ahead and build it?

As for getting it RTR well who knows, if having them both going would get u at the track more or make u stay longer than it's definatly worth it

It might even be worth having it rtr in case u need a break from the D8T or have a bad day with it
Old 02-01-2013, 08:15 PM
t-max97
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would build it,you dont have to race it or even run it for that matter but there's no point in letting it sit lol.
Old 02-02-2013, 04:54 PM
JohnP2

Thanks, guys for your responses. I've made a deal with myself that after my first race with the D8T (that I finish) I will then build the Mugen.

Tomorrow Andrew and I arepracticing at the track with his Losi 8Ight (he driving/me pitting). Next week we practice both the D8T and Losi ALL weekend. Then, Andrew enters his first race, and then me the next weekend. Thus it will be 3-4 weeks before I can start on it any kind of new build. It costs $20.00 to enter a race at our track. While I pay for Andrew's practice....he has to pay for his own race entry fees (and not sure if he even has 20 bucks to his name). Ha!
Old 02-02-2013, 06:09 PM
phmaximus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

lol, u could tell him u will pay him to clean the cars and drain the tanks after racing?
Old 02-02-2013, 07:13 PM
JohnP2

ORIGINAL: phmaximus

lol, u could tell him u will pay him to clean the cars and drain the tanks after racing?
You know, sir....I think that is a fantastic idea! I'm sure I can come up with other chores (like air-filter cleaning, etc). Thanks for the suggestion!.
Old 02-03-2013, 04:04 PM
mattster1971

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

[quote]ORIGINAL: JohnP2

ORIGINAL: phmaximus

[/quote
You know, sir....I think that is a fantastic idea! I'm sure I can come up with other chores (like air-filter cleaning, etc). Thanks for the suggestion!.
I would expect him to clean his ride when you have spent so much money on the car for him and he needs to properly maintain it with afterrun oil and so forth. Pay was the 700 dollar car.
Old 02-03-2013, 04:18 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

#2 from your options

Think about this might as well take it with when you go with your buggy to the track in case your D8 breaks on the 1st lap again so the day isn't a total wash for you
Old 02-04-2013, 01:52 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think you did it in the right order, save the best til last. The Mugen is a decent step up in build quality fit and finish compared to the HB. Once you are used to the HB truggy, the Mugen will feel like a samurai sword by comparison.