Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

Bright ideas to film your r/c adventers

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Bright ideas to film your r/c adventers

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2013, 07:40 AM
Ttowntoolman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bright ideas to film your r/c adventers

So I am sure everyone has had the issue when there is not anyone available to take video while your driving. This can be an even bigger problem in the cold winter months. Lets hear some solutions other than setting the camera up in a static position......

I have a buddy that has a helmet mount for his camera, we used it for snowmobiling. I supose it could be used to take video of my r/c, but I find wearing a helmet while driving an r/c makes me look a bit off beat........if you know what I mean. Effective yes, dork factor REAL high.

I have tried to attach my camera to a baseball hat on the bill, but I cant stand it, it droops down from the wieght. I also find the lens will fog because my breath gets on it.

I was going to try mounting it like a head strap head light, but I figured the breath thing would effect it also in this position. Might work on a windy day.

I am not all to impressed with the camera strapped to the model view. I like to air my stuff out, not happening with camera on board.

I am now thinking ear protection headset with camera side mounted would be something to try next.

Anyone with good ideas? I am all ears...
Old 02-09-2013, 07:47 AM
t-max97
My Feedback: (9)

Default RE: Bright ideas to film your r/c adventers

I have a gopro and this headstrap works great.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf98876.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	4.6 KB
ID:	1849904  
Old 02-09-2013, 07:53 AM
Ttowntoolman

I love it! Thanks, I need one.

By the way, how are you liking the nexx8t?
Old 02-09-2013, 08:25 AM
t-max97

My gopro came with it. I Have a little over a gallon threw it and I really like it, it's very easy to work on and the engine has been great so far "not the fastest engine ever but has lots of torque" the only complaint I have is the plastic doesn't seem to like cold weather, the only parts iv'e broken where when it was in the low 30's with bad landings lol but I like it.
Old 02-09-2013, 08:49 AM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

when I film I moved to using this cheap ass tripod I found for $3 a long time ago (its only like 4 inches high), and taping it to my transmitters bottom with duct tape. Holds the cheap digital camera I use fine(it very light and small), and I just got to point the controller in the direction of the RC to record it.

Remember someone once selling a fabricated mount for the traxxas radios that pretty much did the same thing a while back
Old 02-09-2013, 05:49 PM
phmaximus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I think its nearly impossible to get a good video with out a camera man.

ive had some luck driving one handed and using the other hand for filming, but I found that I did not have the controll I was looking for.

but so far ive found the best way to get a good clear video with no shaking would have to be a tripod
Old 02-09-2013, 07:37 PM
t-max97

The gopro +headstrap takes great videos without shaking.
Old 02-09-2013, 07:52 PM
phmaximus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

dont they have a wind angle lense? the car might look like a small dot in a big background???

I mean its hard enough tracking a rc car looking down a view finder, if u could get some zoom on the camera it would be very hard to track using ur head, espiaccly since u cant really tell whats it filming, only the general direction?

what about a laser guided camera that has auto tracking and zoom with a invisable force feild so u cant smash into it????
Old 02-11-2013, 05:33 PM
ASSOCIATED_DRIVER

ORIGINAL: SyCo_VeNoM

when I film I moved to using this cheap ass tripod I found for $3 a long time ago (its only like 4 inches high), and taping it to my transmitters bottom with duct tape. Holds the cheap digital camera I use fine(it very light and small), and I just got to point the controller in the direction of the RC to record it.

Remember someone once selling a fabricated mount for the traxxas radios that pretty much did the same thing a while back

I did the same thing many years back. I moded a mini tripod and mounted it on peice of plastic where my controller is also mounted.

Photo is what I did much earlier. The one I was describing was mounted at the bottom, so the camera is in the side of the controller.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Yw67417.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	68.2 KB
ID:	1850932   Click image for larger version

Name:	Id96348.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	59.3 KB
ID:	1850933  
Old 02-11-2013, 05:44 PM
t-max97

ORIGINAL: phmaximus

dont they have a wind angle lense? the car might look like a small dot in a big background???

I mean its hard enough tracking a rc car looking down a view finder, if u could get some zoom on the camera it would be very hard to track using ur head, espiaccly since u cant really tell whats it filming, only the general direction?

what about a laser guided camera that has auto tracking and zoom with a invisable force feild so u cant smash into it????
It does have a wide angle lens and you can't zoom at all so It wouldn't be hard to keep it in the view of the camera but I don't know how well it would work at a distance, Ill have to try it.
Old 02-16-2013, 10:53 AM
pcarluvr

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Need the Heads Up display that they use on the military Heli's... Just look and shoot! Not too cost effective though!!!