Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Trade gone bad? I need help!

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2003, 10:57 AM
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trade gone bad? I need help!

I traded or at least tried to trade my buggy for an r/c car that another user here had. I shipped my car and then he reeived it, I received an e-mail from his wife saying that he went out of town and she would keep in touch, that was 11 dyas ago, and no e-mail no nothing. They kept telling me their e-mail kept going down but that sounds kind of fishy. What can I do about a trade gone bad? Any insight? I hope this isn't true and he does come through but so far I haven't seen any good signs, at least in the past 11 days.

Steve
Old 09-17-2003, 06:40 PM
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: Trade gone bad? I need help!

samething happend to me once.....but the story the guy told was actually true. But anyway you can e-mail him or try to contact him and then if that dosent work you can contact the police,
Old 09-18-2003, 06:51 AM
My Feedback: (1)

Yup, first try to resolve the issue amicably. If no go, then call the police and file an fraud complaint with them against the guy. (they might not wana do it but they should because he bought the car from you where you live so they should have jurisdiction) Next, how did you ship it? If you used USPS, then go to their site and file a complaint.
[link=https://www.usps.com/postalinspectors/fraud/MailFraudComplaint.htm]Postal Inspector Complaint Form[/link]
If you used another method to ship then consider calling the police in his locality as well. Fax them the complaint from your PD and ask what can be done. May help. If all else fails, print out all your stuff and go to the court house and file on him in small claims court. Good luck.
Old 09-20-2003, 01:22 AM
My Feedback: (13)

give it 14 days cuz i did the same thing and i got worried i contacted the usps marshalls but then they told me that the usps have 14days to deliver if he uses postoffice...give him a phone call or email him tell him that ur gpoin to file complaint with the authorities......only thing i can say is i learned my lessons in trading keep the addres of the guy
Old 09-20-2003, 11:15 AM
My Feedback: (2)

if you mke trades you should both trade at the same time and exchange tracking numbers, if he doesn't want to do that then i wouldn't trade with him.
Old 09-21-2003, 12:09 AM

i kno whow you feel. I sent money to minitrucker on here in june for an engine and still havn't got it. he says he shipped it 2 weeks ago so maybe it'll show up. but either way i learne dmy lesson.
Old 09-21-2003, 12:57 AM
My Feedback: (13)

always have something that u can use to track them cuz small amounts or toys still its a crime ....
Old 09-23-2003, 11:44 PM

Also, try and post the users name on here as well( the internet name).. maybe a headsup memo to the admins as well.

If all else fails... post his real name so people can watchout for him.
Old 09-30-2003, 05:49 PM
My Feedback: (35)

i had been burned by a 15 year old kid a few months ago and the only way i got any staisfaction was getting his phone # from aol internet white pages causse i had his name and address from shipping my truck to him. finally after 2 weeks of non stop calling his mom got fed up and sent my stuff back to me. i felt a little bad cause i didn't like to bother her but by the same token i wasn't going to let him have my truck either.
Old 09-30-2003, 06:27 PM

The FED's have a no-call list..... Someone needs to make a Who's who E-Trading list.
Old 09-30-2003, 06:53 PM
My Feedback: (12)

Since the transaction originated on the internet, you may be able to file with the [link=http://www1.ifccfbi.gov/index.asp]Internet Fraud Complaint Center[/link], the internet protection branch of the FBI.

For now, keep all paperwork and correspondence related to this transaction, and keep your mouth (internet typing) silent about it. You can hurt your case in the future if you "say" the wrong things - especially if it can be construed as slander.
Old 10-10-2003, 10:56 AM

If u file small claims against him, u better know where he lives or who he banks with. if not then, don't waist ur money. I lost 200 to a MikesNitroRush on here for a sale. I took him to court, of course he didn't show, but I don't know where he lives or banks with, so I'm screwed. My advice, don't deal over the internet unless he gives u his place of work and u call and conferm that.
Old 10-10-2003, 11:23 AM

1) Give it some time
2) Dont go nuts before you give them 3 weeks
3) DONT let them think that your gonna let them get away with it. Call/e-mail them constantly. BUT DO THIS ONLY AFTER 2 weeks or so to avoid a potentially embarrassing situation lol!
4) Always use tracking and delivery conformation

How did you pay? Paypal? Money order? Keep us posted!!

ram