Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Which Buggy?

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2013, 06:09 PM
ER-95

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which Buggy?

Hey Guys,

I just cant quite make a final decision on my next ride. Need some push! Been browsing tower hobbies for a few days and basically know every car they sell now.

Anyways, their are 3 buggies in my mind and don't know which to pick.

Here they are.

1. Traxxas Bandit VXL $335
2. Losi Mini Eight $250
3. Team Associated RC18B2 $200

Now from what I'm reading on the Traxxas Bandit VXL, it comes with a Lipo Battery and Lipo Charger. All ready to go for about 330. (With promotion)

The Mini Eight and RC18 is brushless as well but doesn't have the Lipo batt.

Last but not least, the Team Associated. Reason why this is an option is due to its lowest price. At about 200, it seems nice.

In summary, which should I choose? I'm leaning more towards the Traxxas due to the lipo's and known durability from my T-Maxx. I'm looking to do some jumps but nothing crazy like off a roof. On and off road capable.

Thanks for reading!
Old 06-05-2013, 07:01 PM
cumquat

Default RE: Which Buggy?

personally, i wouldnt buy any of them. the traxxas is too expensive for what you get (you can get one of several 4wd's for the price or one of it's competitors for a lot less), the mini 8ight is too big for the components in my opinion and the rc18b2 is belt drive which isnt known for being friendly with dirt.

if you could push your budget about $70 for everything, i'd get this buggy http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXAPPP&P=SM this battery http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXUUE5&P=0 and this charger http://www.hobbypartz.com/73p-ac680-accharger.html

i have the little brother to that charger and have had no issues.

if you cant swing the extra money, i'd get an rc10b4.

if i had to pick from the 3 you listed, i'd take the losi and look into a 540 conversion.
Old 06-05-2013, 08:03 PM
ER-95

Default RE: Which Buggy?

Yes the traxxas bandit is pricey.

I've made my mind up! Losi Mini Eight it is!

What stopped me on the RC18 was the belt drive..