Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

new rc!

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2013, 01:42 AM
dan rox 90

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new rc!

hello, I was wonder what type of rc to pick. I really like to e revo but it is out of my price range and I had a look at the 1/8 hpi trophy I liked it but it didn't seem that durable. I want an 1/8 scale electric car either truggy or truck but not the savage xl. could you guys please suggest somethingcheers
Old 06-08-2013, 09:03 AM
The Mad Modder

Default RE: new rc!

ORIGINAL: dan rox 90

hello, I was wonder what type of rc to pick. I really like to e revo but it is out of my price range and I had a look at the 1/8 hpi trophy I liked it but it didn't seem that durable. I want an 1/8 scale electric car either truggy or truck but not the savage xl. could you guys please suggest somethingcheers
The thing to think about when you're deciding is where are you going to drive it.
What kind of terrain will you drive it on? How much room do you have?
Old 06-08-2013, 02:25 PM
dan rox 90

well I have plenty of room and I usually drive it on grass and I bit of dirt so I don't really want a buggy. I was looking at the hpi trophy flux and I have discovered that there are many upgrades for the parts that usually break. is there another car like it and how fast and durable is the hpi trophy
Old 06-08-2013, 06:21 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

well I have plenty of room and I usually drive it on grass and I bit of dirt so I don't really want a buggy. I was looking at the hpi trophy flux and I have discovered that there are many upgrades for the parts that usually break. is there another car like it and how fast and durable is the hpi trophy
not many own the trophy as it sucks out of the box, and from what people that say they made it decent needs like $50-80 in parts, and a few hours to make it not break on its 1st run.

Thunder tiger MT4G3 from what I'm told is an pretty good vehicle. Supposedly it has a minor issue from what I heard with shock towers that people double em up to prevent bending.
But compared to replacing the diffs, Drive shafts, cups, and other parts on the tophy I'd take doubling up the shock towers any day.

(Typed this in a few hours ago but my internets been crapping out A LOT the past week, and happened to crap out when I hit OK before...)
Old 06-09-2013, 02:47 PM
dan rox 90

omg the thunder tiger is the best rc ive ever seen. simple im buying it. but is it team assoocited brand?
Old 06-09-2013, 03:41 PM
nitroexpress

omg the thunder tiger is the best rc ive ever seen. simple im buying it. but is it team assoocited brand?
No.
Old 06-09-2013, 04:40 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

ORIGINAL: nitroexpress

No.
but Thunder Tiger does own Team Associated so Team Associated is a Thunder Tiger brand
Old 06-10-2013, 10:34 PM
dan rox 90

hi I just ordered the thunder tiger mt4 g3 and im wondering what battery I could put in it from hobby king I want to run ether 4 or five cell lipo. could you send me a link of a battery that will fit. and can you also send me the size of the battery tray.

cheers

Old 06-11-2013, 12:52 AM
Haddi Taha

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I use 2 if these in series

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...ar_Lipoly.html

Don't bother doubling up shock towers, if you make a shock tower to shock tower brace it will solve the problem as well as any chassis bending from huge jumps.
Old 06-11-2013, 01:08 AM
Foxy

Very good choice on the Thunder Tiger, very well supported down under. You'll love it.
Old 06-11-2013, 10:07 PM
dan rox 90

yer I wont 1 4s lipo not 2 2s lipos its easy for me could u suggest any 4s lipos!!??
Old 06-12-2013, 12:05 AM
dan rox 90

and I have some 2 cell lipos at my house would it be ok if I used to different lipo batteries (there both 5000mah)?
Old 06-12-2013, 12:35 AM
Haddi Taha

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Unfortunately, I havent got any 4s Lipo's to test with. Are there any 4s Lipos on your mind? Perhaps I can check the dimensions of the one you want and see if it fits.

Old 06-12-2013, 01:57 AM
dan rox 90

yea turnigy from hobby king, and could I run 2 different types of 2s lipos on it?
Old 06-12-2013, 06:10 AM
Foxy

As long as they are the same capacity (mah) and rating (c), you can, but it is better to use identical batteries.