Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

What truck is this?

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2013, 04:17 PM
marquen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What truck is this?

I was hoping someone here can let me know what I've stumbled across, the previous owners of my house left this truck in the attic when they moved. My son just turned 8 and I figured this would be a great base to get him interested in R/C, but not knowing who makes this does make it difficult to order new parts or search for a manual. Any help would be greatly appriciated.

Old 07-08-2013, 04:32 PM
collector1231
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What truck is this?

An Exceed Infinitive. They are cheap and junk, too. I'd sell the chassis, and buy a real good RC car like a Traxxas Slash; http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...z-Radio-System
Old 07-08-2013, 05:15 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: What truck is this?

ORIGINAL: collector1231

An Exceed Infinitive. They are cheap and junk, too. I'd sell the chassis, and buy a real good RC car like a Traxxas Slash; http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...z-Radio-System
I have to disagree...
having owned the redcat volcano epx pro (same truck just brushless version) as well as 2wd and 4wd traxxas slash I have to say that chassis isn't bad at all.
the brushed versions suck as far as the electronics. the brushless versions have decent motor/esc...tho the servos generally give out.
The driveline does lack a slipper clutch. But even so, I never had any more driveline issues than I do with my slash 4x4!
The shocks on the redcat version are better than the slash 4x4's as well...which REQUIRE alloy shock caps upgrades to stay together.
The plastics of the suspension have a lot of give so they absorb impacts well.
The bodies are PVC and not lexan, so they do break easy.

All in all, you get a decent truck for the money....that money being half what a slash 4x4 costs. The slash is better, more power and definitely more upgrade potential....but it should be for the extra $150 it costs.

I have bashed the volcano's I owned and they were fun and did hold up well.

to the OP, with what you have, it is best to sell as a parts chassis. for 1, to buy all the parts needed to complete you can just buy a new RTR one. and it looks like someone took the nitro version metal chassis and started to convert it to electric (has electric motor mount)
Unless you own another exceed or redcat which is based off this chassis, it wont be of much use to use and isn't worth the cost to make it a runner. A brushed version runs not much over $100.

you are missing
motor, esc, radio, servo
servo mounts
top chassis plate
center drive shaft
looks like a new spur gear may be needed
pinion gear
fab up a battery tray (again, that is the nitro version's alloy chassis and not the electric's plastic version.
so you would have an easy $100 there in parts.

these parts can be bought threw nitrorcx.com....or threw redcat.com...or on ebay where many redcat dealers sell.