Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

READ-ONLY MODE. Really????

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2013, 03:21 PM
t-max97
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: READ-ONLY MODE. Really????

ORIGINAL: JohnP2

ORIGINAL: t-max97

You sure about that? this site is pretty massive, think about all the posts, pictures, videos, links ect over the last 12 years that have to be moved.
Yes. I am more than sure about that. Currently we have no purge thresholds and over 750 databases (yes they are normalized). Configuration data probably consumes 2/3 of that with ~ 3-4 billion records. Transactional data probably 5 billion records. If anyone wants to know specific techinical information, PM me. I will provide my phone number and walk you through everything in detail (but unless you are a geek such as myself you'll be bored to tears. Regardless, the offer is THERE).

Regardless of pay, staff count, etc. I stand by my statement that going off-line for 3 days is poor (just like the stabillity of this software).

To that end - I'll put my money where my mouth is. Due to the instability of this software and guys like Drac1 (he is just an example of someone who never posts unless it is to call someone out) it's now lost one more member. Guys like Neal might have the stomach to fight with guys such as this - but I don't. It's just not worth my time. Of course 99% of the members who leave (and you should request to see those stats) won't bother telling you WHY they are leaving -
This was a great forum and still is to a degree. However unstable software (and guys like DRAC1) make it not even worth the effort. A year from now when folks wonder why this forum has waned so much he is a perfect reason. Good luck with it all. ;-)

1QwkSport2.5r - I think I was unfair with you in a recent post and want to aplogize for that. I hope you forgive me. I probably read it one way that meant another, but even if that is not the case I should not have lashed out at you like that. Again, I'm sorry as that is not my demeanor.

Finally, I once owned an moderated a forum with as much traffic as this...and I STILL say JF (Foxy) is the best moderator I've seen - so ya'll be cool to him.
How can you claim that without knowing how big this site is?