Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

traxxas rx charger abd hump pack help!!!!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

traxxas rx charger abd hump pack help!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2014, 01:23 PM
bradjones

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default traxxas rx charger abd hump pack help!!!!

Ok so I just bought a traxxas rx power charger and ive got a duratax hump pack, I plug it in and it doesn't make the green light flash or charge? I tryed it with my normal 4x AA rechargeable pack into the charger and it starts blinking?? Is the pack damged or dead? Look like new but was given to me with my rolling chassis?

I have just bought a new hump pack and this one will charge, the green light flashes on and off for about ten minutes and now its solid green light, that cannot be fully charged surely? Thats from dead flat. Its a 1600mah humppack 6.0v

I just tryed the controls and it feels extremely powerful up to my old aa's but is that long enough on charged have put it on charge again, but have feeling ill go out on it and it will end up going flat in ten minutes or so.

Last edited by bradjones; 05-31-2014 at 01:26 PM.
Old 06-03-2014, 07:21 AM
bradjones

Charged it up over night and it went for a good two hours. I went to run it today and was going for around one hour or so, then I noticed it started losing power, 3-4hours run time that about right?
Old 06-04-2014, 09:41 AM
EXT2Rob
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey Brad,
I'm not sure what you're telling us.... Are you talking about a Receiver power pack? But then you say "hump pack" which makes me think of a 7-cell NiMh battery pack for an electric RC vehicle. But then you say you're getting HOURS of run time.....which is NEVER going to happen with a 1600mah NiMh powering an electric RC....but ten minutes sounds right for THAT. So, I'm a little confused. Can you elaborate please? And what's this Traxxas charger you mention?
Old 06-04-2014, 11:27 AM
Maj_Overdrive
My Feedback: (11)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The Traxxas charger is just a trickle charger for reciever packs and it has a built in stop to prevent overcharging. He's referring to a 5 cell reciever hump pack. Three to four hours is pretty good for a reciever pack, I usually got 2-3 out of mine but those were monster trucks with powerful servos.
Old 06-05-2014, 11:46 PM
bradjones

Ok thats good to know, so I found out that I needed to wait 10-15seconds before the charger would start flashing -.- & I charge it up till stops flashing then its good to go, for couple hours. Its on a tmaxx with high torque servos so probely why its only lasting 3-4hours

And sorry rob was on about the 5cell battery used instead of 4x AAs in the nitro cars battery box .

All sorted now first battery was dead! Must not have been charged.

Last edited by bradjones; 06-05-2014 at 11:50 PM.