Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Question: Kyosho Sandmaster MK-ll

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2015, 09:19 AM
WhitneyClark

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question: Kyosho Sandmaster MK-ll

Hello,

I am new to this forum. I hope I am posting this question in the right place. I am currently trying to find the value of a new Kyosho Sandmaster MK-ll. It is my husband's and was sitting in a attic for quite sometime. We assembled it to make sure it still works (due to the slight amount of dust the attic collects) and it works just fine. Everything is in box and the box is in great condition as well.
These apparently did not come with a remote, however he bought one to go with it as well. Images are below. Any help would be great

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sandmaster 1.png
Views:	165
Size:	226.9 KB
ID:	2079767   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sandmaster 2.png
Views:	92
Size:	252.6 KB
ID:	2079768   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sandmaster 3.png
Views:	85
Size:	269.7 KB
ID:	2079769   Click image for larger version

Name:	sandmaster 4.png
Views:	79
Size:	235.7 KB
ID:	2079770   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sandmaster 6.png
Views:	73
Size:	301.7 KB
ID:	2079771   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sandmater 5.png
Views:	83
Size:	278.5 KB
ID:	2079772  
Old 03-08-2015, 03:21 PM
EXT2Rob
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi!
Um...help with what, exactly? You didn't say. Are you looking to update it? Just get it working? Sell it?
It's an old-school RC. Do you know if it's an original '80s model, or a recent re-issue?
There are some "collectors" out there who are interested in vintage RC.
The ree-ree's are made to look and function like the old originals, but made with updated materials, and are made for nostalgic RC fun. i.e. low-power motors and NiMh batteries. Not made to keep up with modern designs and motors, really. For people who said, "I always wanted a Kyosho Sandmaster as a kid, but couldn't afford one / couldn't get my folks to buy me one for Xmas."

So what can we help ya with?
Old 03-08-2015, 03:51 PM
WhitneyClark

Hello,

I am trying to find the value of this. I am looking to sell it. I don't know anything about RC's. I am selling this and some other things of my husband's. This RC is new, (though I did put it together to make sure it did work, since it has been sitting in a slightly dusty attic for a long time). He never used it when he was younger, and his father ended up storing it. So I assume it being this old, it would be an original. How would I check? Also I have a Gift Certificate that was sitting in the box saying it the gift certificate was good though 4/30/2000, I don't know if this gives an idea how old this might be ?

So I guess I am here to find out the value of it. I can't find another anywhere for sale in new condition. I have it posted on Ebay atm, but I honestly don't know if I am asking to much or to little. I have it listed at 475. Again, any help with the value of this would be great.

Last edited by WhitneyClark; 03-08-2015 at 03:56 PM.
Old 03-08-2015, 04:19 PM
collector1231

I think the Mark II was never re-released and it ran for one time. It could sell for a good 300-400, depending on condition and the buyer.
Old 03-08-2015, 04:24 PM
WhitneyClark

Ok thanks, I suppose I will have to see if I can get offers around that range to start with then.
Old 03-08-2015, 05:24 PM
EXT2Rob

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ah, there you go, I knew someone would chime in.
There is a "For Sale" forum here somewhere. You could post it there. You got real RC guys here, and stuff does sell. But eBay works too.
Sounds like vintage to me. Good luck!