Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

Steering works, but no power to the wheels:

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Steering works, but no power to the wheels:

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2015, 11:15 AM
Digboggy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Steering works, but no power to the wheels:

I have a new Axial Yeti 1/10. Right out of the box, I sheared the rear hubs. NOT happy... Problem fixed. NOW...., I have power to the steering servo, but the wheels aren't getting any power to GO. The ESC seems to be connected just fine. Any suggestions? I'm a NOOB, so please keep the input on a kindergarten level. LOL. BTW, I'm running a 3S LiPo (if that helps with anything).
Old 07-08-2015, 06:55 PM
collector1231
My Feedback: (1)

Have you tried recalibrating the ESC?
Old 07-12-2015, 04:16 PM
RustyUs

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

RTR? If so, give Hobbico a ring. They will hook you up with the updated 12mm hex hubs . They were supposed to update the Yeti RTRs with the new hubs. That is/was a known issue. Possibly you got old stock.

As far as the no power to the motor...you got do a little step by step diagnosis. Check the calibration, like collector said, and then move on to any wires that are frayed or maybe it's something simple as a loose connection.
Old 07-12-2015, 05:01 PM
flyinwalenda
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

First center the throttle trim on the transmitter and then turn on the tx ,then power-up the truck and listen for the motor start-up tones .
No good?
Next, try moving the throttle reversing switch on the transmitter to the opposite setting and then turn on the tx ,then power-up the truck and listen for the motor start-up tones .
No good? Put the switch back the way it was.
Check to make sure the throttle is working on the tx/rx by locating the receiver in the truck. Next locate the two servo wires plugged into the Throttle and Steering channels. Unplug them and swap the positions , steering servo plug in throttle and esc plug in steering. Elevate the truck so the wheels are off the ground, turn on the tx and then the truck.
Can you move the wheels using the throttle trigger?
Yes? Then shut everything down ,put the receiver plugs back the way they were and then turn to page 7 of the manual and calibrate the esc.
No? Then the transmitter or receiver has an issue with the throttle channel.
Old 07-12-2015, 05:09 PM
Digboggy

The recal, on the ESC worked! Thanks!

I've got a set of the new hubs on the way. And, a knuckle replacement! Lol