Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

Did i miss something... Hong nor stuff is going poof

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Did i miss something... Hong nor stuff is going poof

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2015, 01:26 PM
echthelion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Did i miss something... Hong nor stuff is going poof

Ive been out of the R/C world for awhile but i looked for some parts for my crt.5 today and i found just about nothing. so it being discontinued i thought id try Eofna.com so i look there and there's really nothing Hong nor at all. so what happened???
Old 07-19-2015, 02:10 PM
Maj_Overdrive
My Feedback: (11)

Nitrohouse.com only has the CRT.5 chassis and sticker kits listed. But isn't the Hyper 10sc and 10TT based on the crt.5 sharing lots of parts?
Old 07-19-2015, 02:12 PM
echthelion

nah hyper stuff is hobao. even the LX2/LX2E stuff is nowhere
Old 07-19-2015, 02:31 PM
Maj_Overdrive
My Feedback: (11)

That's right. I get confused with that sometimes. Either way Ofna used to be really good about supporting older models. I guess they're taking a cue from the jerks at Horizon and dropping support for them, that sucks.
Old 07-19-2015, 06:33 PM
robwiljas

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hong Nor was sold to another company (named HongNor International Co., LTD, it's weird) and the new company has decided not to use Ofna for thier US distribution. I contacted them about parts support for my LX2e and was told that Redcat will be thier new US distributor. They said it will take some time to get everything in place though and in the meantime I could order parts directly from Hong Nor. For anyone interested the new contact for the US (the one I contacted) is [email protected] and the contact for Asia and Europe is [email protected].

Edit: Thought I should add, I got those email addresses from Hong Nor's facebook. You can see it here: https://m.facebook.com/pages/Hong-No...36705243035729

The post about the sale with the contact email addresses was made Apr 28th.

Last edited by robwiljas; 07-19-2015 at 06:40 PM.
Old 07-20-2015, 05:38 AM
tooth-less

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by robwiljas
Hong Nor was sold to another company (named HongNor International Co., LTD, it's weird) and the new company has decided not to use Ofna for thier US distribution. I contacted them about parts support for my LX2e and was told that Redcat will be thier new US distributor. They said it will take some time to get everything in place though and in the meantime I could order parts directly from Hong Nor. For anyone interested the new contact for the US (the one I contacted) is [email protected] and the contact for Asia and Europe is [email protected].

Edit: Thought I should add, I got those email addresses from Hong Nor's facebook. You can see it here: https://m.facebook.com/pages/Hong-No...36705243035729

Thanks for the info,,,, I hope Redcat can support all of Hong Nor's models...Time to dust off the SCRT10
Old 07-20-2015, 03:38 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The nexx 10SC shares the majority of the parts with the .5crt. Only real difference is chassis plate, center driveshaft lengths, and the front arms/knuckle design which you could adapt over. Diff's, and most the chassis parts, and rear arms are the same though.

There was also the Jammin SCT or something that got discontinued quite fast in favor of the Nexx 10 which only had the chassis, and center driveshafts different
Old 07-20-2015, 05:58 PM
echthelion

Originally Posted by SyCo_VeNoM
The nexx 10SC shares the majority of the parts with the .5crt. Only real difference is chassis plate, center driveshaft lengths, and the front arms/knuckle design which you could adapt over. Diff's, and most the chassis parts, and rear arms are the same though.

There was also the Jammin SCT or something that got discontinued quite fast in favor of the Nexx 10 which only had the chassis, and center driveshafts different
i know but if i cant find it for the crt.5 i wont for the scrt10/nexx10. because as you said they share just about every part Hong nor stuff seems to be in limbo ATM. i talked with a guy from Eofna today he said they had to just ship a lot of stuff back to the company .

Originally Posted by robwiljas

this just sucks leaving people high and dry
Old 07-20-2015, 06:12 PM
robwiljas

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by echthelion
this just sucks leaving people high and dry
I agree. I was pretty mad when I looked at Tower and saw all parts for the brand-new LX2e I ordered from them about a month prior showed discontinued and no longer available. I contacted Ofna and was told about the sale of Hong Nor. I found the Facebook page after some searching. It's cool that parts can be ordered directly from HongNor for now until the new distribution with redcat gets setup, but I have no idea what their prices or shipping charges will be like or how long it will take to get anything. I ended up selling my LX2e and buying an Associated so I could buy parts at my LHS.

Last edited by robwiljas; 07-20-2015 at 06:16 PM.
Old 07-21-2015, 12:34 AM
Guff15

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was told by OFNA over a month ago that they were waiting for a new distributor in the US for parts, but they didn't tell me about the sale, which explains alot. Hopefully Redcat will carry a wide variety of parts for older OFNA's or else my Ultra GT LX will become a shelf queen.
Old 07-21-2015, 08:47 AM
EXT2Rob
My Feedback: (1)

That's a bummer about HongNor. Wonder what Ofna is up to? I hope HoBao sticks with 'em. I'd imagine ordering parts direct from HongNor would be pricey due to international shipping charges. Then there's the wait time.......for delivery from Korea.
Old 07-21-2015, 09:17 AM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by echthelion
i know but if i cant find it for the crt.5 i wont for the scrt10/nexx10. because as you said they share just about every part Hong nor stuff seems to be in limbo ATM. i talked with a guy from Eofna today he said they had to just ship a lot of stuff back to the company .
was more saying to get aftermarket parts like on mine I got aftermarket CNC'd alum knuckles, and c-hubs which were marketed as SCRT10 only parts, and from my use were most common broken parts

But yea its not ofna leaving us high, and dry its the OEM getting sold that left them high and dry which in turn screwed over people who bought stuff from ofna.
I'm sure ofna didn't want that to happen as last I looked like half their stuff was hong nor so they lost half their product line almost overnight.