Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Traxxas Jato 3.3 vs HPI Trophy truggy 4.6 >

Traxxas Jato 3.3 vs HPI Trophy truggy 4.6

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Traxxas Jato 3.3 vs HPI Trophy truggy 4.6

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2015, 08:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Traxxas Jato 3.3 vs HPI Trophy truggy 4.6

What's good everyone? I'm fairly new to this sport but I'm willing to jump in with both feet! I've have doing research on what kind of vehicle would suit me. I've decided to go nitro and have narrowed it down to 2 that I like the most. The JATO 3.3 and The TROPHY TRUGGY 4.6. I'm pondering which on to purchase. I know the JATO is primarily a street vehicle and the Truggy can handle both. I'm also aware that the jato comes with a electric starter whereas the truggy has to be modified for drill start. Im looking for the vehicle that can tackle both street and off road with a tad bit of jumping sprinkled in between!! lol They both cost the same so if possible id like to hear what you guys have to say and what you might suggest for a NOOB like myself. I will be purchasing next week so please respond ASAP! peace
Old 12-28-2015, 04:10 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A truggy is extremely versatile....can go over more terrain then a MT, can jump better then a MT and is generally more duable then a MT....all a Jato can do is go fast in a straight line with zero offroad capability.......A truggy is aces too because you can use a starterbox, which is a billion times better then a pull or roto start............
Old 12-28-2015, 11:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks boss!
Old 12-29-2015, 03:15 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

honestly IMO neither
Not saying no to a truggy, but from what I heard from owners in the past the trophy line had issues that I'm unsure if they repaired.

I'd look at something else like the OFNA Hyper SS Nitro RTR is about the same price as the trophy.
Old 12-31-2015, 08:26 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by SyCo_VeNoM
honestly IMO neither
Not saying no to a truggy, but from what I heard from owners in the past the trophy line had issues that I'm unsure if they repaired.

I'd look at something else like the OFNA Hyper SS Nitro RTR is about the same price as the trophy.
I agree, I would go for an OFNA or Hobao product. 1/8 scale offroad can be adjusted down and slap on a pair of street tires and then you have the street racer you wanted. Its funny how new people to the hobby want a vehicle to handle all surfaces, but you will find out in time that you are better off getting a different vehicle designed for each surface.
Old 01-01-2016, 09:46 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mattster1971
I agree, I would go for an OFNA or Hobao product. 1/8 scale offroad can be adjusted down and slap on a pair of street tires and then you have the street racer you wanted. Its funny how new people to the hobby want a vehicle to handle all surfaces, but you will find out in time that you are better off getting a different vehicle designed for each surface.
Savage is the only thing that can take all surfaces as it works on land, and air (I only say this as my savage stayed in the air longer, and higher then my airplane, and helicopter did ) ok fine water its not good on

Seriously though Truggies are good on most surfaces they work best in dirt though, but tire choice can make them work really good on the street, or even grass(stock tires would be decent on grass, but should get something a tad taller depending on grass length).