Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

looking for Evader Ext2 parts

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2018, 08:19 AM
JohnathanDM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default looking for Evader Ext2 parts

recently was Gifted a old Evader Ext2 from my Local HobbyTown that been in there service department for 5 years and a Co worker sold me his working Evader ext2 for 25 as well. Unfortunately i destroyed both transmissions when I installed 1 12T titan and 1 red cat 550 motor which I had as extra parts from my brushless upgrades.
My question is where can I get Spare parts that are still around I tried ebay with no luck.
Old 07-08-2018, 01:21 PM
RustyUs

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

From T.E.C. Part 2 (The Evader Coalition)...

Originally Posted by RustyUs
Some parts are harder to find for the tranny, like the diff housing, but the internal bevel gears, idler gear, top shaft, and output joints are readily available.

Another thing to check, that could be your issue, is the motor mounting plate. It is made of a softer metal and can get tweaked during a harsh off balanced landing. I've never had an issue with the motor mounting plate, but others have in the past.

If you get the EXT up and running like you want, then (like EXT2Rob mentioned) you might want to look at tracking down a DTXC7340 Duratrax Differential Gear/Case Evader EXT for future use. That part is the hardest to come by IMO. Finding a complete DTXC7338 Gear Diff Assembled is next to impossible .
I just tried to search for any diff cases again since you posted. I found nothing on the first page of search links. The only option would be to buy another EXT for a parts donor. Even if you would find a couple of used Evader EXT platforms, the trannines could be iffy. IMO, it's not worth it to be taking a chance on used Evaders anymore. Sorry.
Old 07-08-2018, 01:36 PM
RustyUs

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

The only chance I'd take on fixing up a Duratrax RC, like the EXT, is finding an Evader Brushless platform with an all metal tranny. But then again, you would be paying for more parts than you would need. Cut your losses and buy something with parts support . If you are liking the stadium truck look, I'd be lookin at something along the lines of an Associated T4.1 ~ T4.3 or HPI E-Firestorm.
Old 07-09-2018, 01:21 PM
EXT2Rob
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

And Losi just came out with their new stadium truck. The Evader is a dinosaur. Get something new.