Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Need help identifying this chassis

Old 10-12-2018, 09:54 PM
thebadwrench

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help identifying this chassis

So I just got this rc car chassis from this guy on offerup, traded some really old rc plane stuff that I never use anymore for it. The guy told me it was a traxxas tmaxx chassis but when I printed the parts diagram for a tmaxx, it looked different. He gave me some traxxas parts as well, so I looked those up and they were all for a nitro 4tec, but the chassis I have is not a 4tec. The chassis is 4 wheel drive and nitro. I'd love to rebuild this thing but can't figure out what chassis it is. Anybody know what it is?

Click image for larger version

Name:	iRKzEyR.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	1.74 MB
ID:	2262206

Name:	ikYkkge.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	1.98 MB
ID:	2262207

Name:	M62NeCI.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	2.43 MB
ID:	2262208

Name:	EhVrk6p.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	1,000.2 KB
ID:	2262209
Old 10-13-2018, 12:51 PM
thebadwrench

After some more digging, I think I solved the mystery. I believe it's a Redcat Racing Volcano. Can anybody confirm this?

Last edited by thebadwrench; 10-13-2018 at 12:51 PM. Reason: Correcting a typo
Old 10-17-2018, 08:00 PM
phmaximus

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yep it is..... its a nitro HSP/Redcat Baja/volcano MT

unfortunately they are not worth the time or money new bet alone repairing, ya cant give them away they are that bad

I understand this might be somewhat devastating news, but im been realistic. honestly... it would be genuinely cheaper just to buy the same thing again rather than repairing it, but... I wouldn't, id recommend getting something better to start with

Last edited by phmaximus; 10-17-2018 at 08:06 PM.
Old 10-18-2018, 05:06 AM
thebadwrench

Originally Posted by phmaximus View Post
yep it is..... its a nitro HSP/Redcat Baja/volcano MT

unfortunately they are not worth the time or money new bet alone repairing, ya cant give them away they are that bad

I understand this might be somewhat devastating news, but im been realistic. honestly... it would be genuinely cheaper just to buy the same thing again rather than repairing it, but... I wouldn't, id recommend getting something better to start with
Thanks for your reply and confirmation. I already decided it wasn't worth my fixing. I actually found a guy that wants it. He custom builds rc cars and is trading me straight across for a traxxas bigfoot chassis (with some upgrades). Just needs servos, motor and receiver. The trade isn't done as the bigfoot chassis wasn't put together yet, but I've talked to him a few times and met up with him the other day so I'm fairly certain it'll go through, He wanted to meet up to complete the trade last night but I wasn't available to do so. As they say, one mans trash is another mans treasure lol.