Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Nitro engine shutdown problem

Old 01-05-2020, 01:11 PM
Runkey22

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Nitro engine shutdown problem

Hello how are you? First of all thank you for accepting the union to the group, I am new with rc cars and I would like to learn and help with something, I am informatic.

My RC car is Exceed forza .18 nitro buggy 1/10, 5 days of use, I have a problem, the engine shuts off when I brake, the idle I feel it is correct, but when braking the engine turns off, I see that the brake servo When brake slows down and I don't know if it's right to happen.
If I put a high idle, it does not turn off, but the car is very accelerated.

Thank you very much for your help.
Greetings and have a nice day.
Old 01-05-2020, 05:08 PM
mugeyman

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

hi runkey22 you should go to the RC ENGINES forum on this site , it will tell you how to readjust carb and brake setup ok mugey

Old 01-06-2020, 12:39 AM
1QwkSport2.5r

Received 27 Likes on 27 Posts

The throttle stop on the carburetor needs to be set so when the throttle is released or brakes engaged that the carb closes to the throttle stop instead of closing completely. You want to have the throttle stop set so the carb is open 0.5-0.7mm at idle. This setting must be adjusted in conjunction with the idle mixture.
Old 01-13-2020, 12:44 PM
mattster1971

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 1QwkSport2.5r View Post
The throttle stop on the carburetor needs to be set so when the throttle is released or brakes engaged that the carb closes to the throttle stop instead of closing completely. You want to have the throttle stop set so the carb is open 0.5-0.7mm at idle. This setting must be adjusted in conjunction with the idle mixture.
Exactly. The addition of a return spring pulling the throttle body completely back to idle may be needed. When you apply the brake, its putting the throttle body in the true "IDLE" location. Check your trim if there is a return spring installed already. You may just need to trim the throttle so that its allowing the body to return to idle. Then adjust your idles screw to open the gap slightly. Good luck.