Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

27mhz help

Old 04-07-2020, 11:09 AM
challenging

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 27mhz help

Hi
Sorry for a newbie question .....

I have 2 old tamiya fighter buggies that I have dug out for the kids while in lockdown.
1 of the acoms techniplus AP-202 controlller/transmitter is faulty..
it will only show red light .
I have tried and tested new batteries and cleaned battery terminals and makes no difference...
My question is can I buy any 27mhz controller ( stick or wheel )and just whack my Crystal's in it or do I need a matching receiver?
Just as cheap as possible as kids are only 7-9 and have just bought new charger and sticks so missis wont be happy if I spend more lol

Thanks in advance Thor
Old 04-08-2020, 08:51 AM
bill_delong

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Yes, you can replace the transmitter and swap crystals, I have done this, but not all crystals can be easily swapped, be prepared to have to make an adapter and/or solder the crystal depending on the controller you get.

More than likely it would probably be less expensive to swap over to a 2.4ghz system like this:

Hobby Porter 91803G-VT 2.4GHz 3CH Radio Remote Control Transmitter With Receiver

More info here:
Which surface radio system is the best?