Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

the great bashing and race stuff 1/10 and 1/8 scale

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

the great bashing and race stuff 1/10 and 1/8 scale

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2020, 05:05 AM
mugeyman

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Default the great bashing and race stuff 1/10 and 1/8 scale

To help some of the beginners and some experienced people , the stuff that holds up very well to bashing and is raced all over the planet manufactures are in any order mugen , kyosho , tekno, xray ,
team associated , hot bodies , shumaker traxxas tamyia ,hobao, and a few more , good for onroad cars and off road buggies and trucks 1/10 scale and 1/8 scale electric or nitro 2wd or 4wd you can see these various manufactures , models , racers, and backyard bashers put their stuff through their paces on YOUTUBE , this can help you with your decision before you make your purchase for a rc vehicle
ok hope i helped mugey

Last edited by mugeyman; 04-11-2020 at 05:26 AM. Reason: add more info including losi and serpent manufactures
Old 05-02-2020, 06:47 PM
RobbieS.15

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is it recommended to get anything used? I'd rather buy new, but I am trying to keep it under $300. I am sure like most things in life you get what you pay for, but are there any exceptions out there?
Old 05-03-2020, 06:29 AM
RustyUs

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

Condition and what generation/version comes into play when deciding on a used RC buying choice.

The first thing I would do, if buying used, go to manufacturers website and check for that "discontinued" nomenclature. If the RC is discontinued, then I download the manual. The manual's properties will usually tell you when the RC platform was first produced, and then you can proceed in judging if a discontinued RC is worth it, or not. A person also has to take into consideration if the discontinued platform has an updated/newer model that makes forward parts compatibility a breeze.
Old 05-03-2020, 06:56 AM
RustyUs

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

I personally would not buy used batteries, and motors. I know people will say "gently used", and tiptoe around the reason why the item is being sold.

One used RC purchase I made was from a so called "experienced racer". You know where this is going. Right? I've found many things wrong from an owner stating, "you won't find a nicer RC than this one right here". All I can say is to check everything once you get your hands on a used RC. Even the best RCer/racer/basher is human. Mental stability, diet, and life all affect one's memory, and judgement. Using what you got on hand (jerry rigging) to fix something may come from experience, but is not always the best fix.
Old 05-03-2020, 07:28 AM
RobbieS.15

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the input, I am new to the nitro game and found this forum helped a lot so far. It seems to be a common theme when buying anything used, if you know how to work on it, you can get by with not buying the cleanest rig. Since it would be my first nitro, I will have to see if my neighbor has one he would sell, or i'll save for new. Losi 8ight seems to be the way to go. I personally love Redcat, budget minded and is not total crap, but since they discontinued all their nitro buggies they wont get my business. Thanks again!